Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lightweight trousers

Lightweight trousers

Can anyone recommend a decent pair of lightweight trousers.

many thanks

Harkila Mountain Trek are good, had a pair for 18 months. Got a pair of Mountain Trek Active to replace them, seem nicer but they don't stand up to much - the stretch patches get pulled easily on thorns and I ripped the bum on barbed wire on their second outing!

Army surplus - some of them are even treated with that stuff that repels the ticks, permethrin, and you can pick them up for a few quid. I think it is the warm weather MTP pattern ones that are permethrin treated. decent trousers, more than fit for purpose and inexpensive.
    For self catering accommodation on the Isle of Lewis please visit:
    http://www.7south.co.uk/

Lightweight trousers

Just got a bunch of trousers from decathlon brand name solognac
    & amazed at price 7.99 to 54
    The 54 ones are more for colder weather but the 12 quid to 18 quid pairs are amazing for the cash & appear / feel ok
    Certainly if I got a year out of them I'd be happy at the money but think they will do better than that

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by caorach View Post
    Army surplus - some of them are even treated with that stuff that repels the ticks, permethrin, and you can pick them up for a few quid. I think it is the warm weather MTP pattern ones that are permethrin treated. decent trousers, more than fit for purpose and inexpensive.
    +1

I use them and they're tough and do the job. No need to pay more. I went with them as they were meant to be permethrin treated.

You can buy them new or used from here: British Military Surplus - British Military Surplus

I wear the rovince tick trousers for the warmer months. Comfortable and cool plus benefit of no ticks.

Quote Originally Posted by sauer View Post
    Just got a bunch of trousers from decathlon brand name solognac
    & amazed at price 7.99 to 54
    The 54 ones are more for colder weather but the 12 quid to 18 quid pairs are amazing for the cash & appear / feel ok
    Certainly if I got a year out of them I'd be happy at the money but think they will do better than that

Paul
    I was actully in decathal N at the weekend for a look but never picked anything up. Might go and have amother look then.

I was bit dubious but happened to be down Glasgow / Ayr that weekend , I was interested in the lined ones for 34.99 ... Tried them on so I know for future, for sizing & bought variety of pairs ... I'm really impressed

Paul

Fjallraven Keb are a lovely lightweight, flexible yet durable trouser.

Helikon Tex SFU ripstop - bomb proof 'strides' - sub 30 and Military 1st do the defender short sleeve shirt for 19 - unbelievable value.
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017