Thread: Current RFD firearm transfer costs

Current RFD firearm transfer costs

With all the upheaval with carriers, anyone have current view of firearm delivery challenges and costs? All normalised yet?
    Jim
    I never make the same mistake twice.

I make it five or six times.

Just to be sure.

I bought a Beretta O/U from SGC a few months back and I think that worked out at a tenner for the carriage and about 25 for the RFD, so ~35 all in.

Thanks stubear - I think I was confusicating myself with the problems with shipping ammo about.

Just contacted the sending RFD and it seems there is no major hassle with posting firearms.

Jim
    I never make the same mistake twice.

I make it five or six times.

Just to be sure.

It depends on your RFD. I only have experience of receiving firearms bought on the mainland, and transferred to Northern Ireland. On the first occasion, the RFD that received it charged 30, but on the second occasion, RFD I now use, received it free of charge. The postage costs for both were similar though.

Quote Originally Posted by flatliner View Post
    It depends on your RFD. I only have experience of receiving firearms bought on the mainland, and transferred to Northern Ireland. On the first occasion, the RFD that received it charged 30, but on the second occasion, RFD I now use, received it free of charge. The postage costs for both were similar though.
    Which rfd is that ?
    Rfd closest to me charges 50 just to accept it and put it through his books

Just had the cost for an Over limit air rifle from Kent to Staffs of 45 plus RFD this end, bit of a hassle concerning paperwork the other end so took a day out instead.

Recently did two out one in 25 each,seems a little steep as they allready told me its 12quid and then packaging,,ie 13 quid for cardboard,ALSO THE COURIER WOULDN,T TAKE A RIFLE BECAUSE RULES HAD CHANGED THEN TOLD RFD WRAP IT SECURELY IE BOX IT UP AND HE WOULD THEN TAKE IT AS A NORMAL PACKAGE!,
    DONT START