Thread: Trailer box?

Trailer box?

No chaps, not a box trailer. My trailer is plenty big enough for the quad, but I want to put a big box on the front to hold all sorts of tat.
    I did try with a plastic garden store sort of thing but it broke rather easily.
    So, brilliantly clever forum members, what am I to do?
    Thank you in advance.

One of those tool chests designed to go in th back of a pickup? Sitesafe I think they're called. Made of metal, very strong and secure. I've seen a few on eBay near me for not a lot of money second hand.

What a clever man you are.
    SORTED?
    Thanks.

! am building an argo capable trailer from a pop up caravan chassis
    It will have a welded angle frame and chequer plate box in front on the a frame of the draw bar for bits and bobs and lockable stuff.

depends how handy you are with a welder and pop rivet gun!

Sitesafe or another one van vault same thing sell them at tool centres or go on line

It depends how u handle ur quad trailer, but stick 1 of those van safe type things could make ur trailer very nose heavy even when empty. But will depend wot size ur trailer is and how it is balanced
    If u use jockey wheel to lift it on/off might not be a big deal but i tend just to lift trailer on/off.

I have a wooden frame to stop quad coming to far forward which does leave some space in front for storage althou not secure, always thought about making a locking lid for trailer frame on open hinges so i could slide it on/off but never ever bothered.

Countryboy, thanks. I always use the jockey wheel as its a pretty big trailer. The lad who had it could carry 3quads crossways on it. Fine size for a box on the front, quad and then some stags. Perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    ! am building an argo capable trailer from a pop up caravan chassis
    It will have a welded angle frame and chequer plate box in front on the a frame of the draw bar for bits and bobs and lockable stuff.

depends how handy you are with a welder and pop rivet gun!
    Sounds intriguing, hope you are going to put up some pics ��
    By three methods we may learn wisdom:
    First, by reflection, which is noblest;
    Second, by imitation, which is easiest;
    and third by experience, which is the bitterest

Quote Originally Posted by goathunter1 View Post
    Countryboy, thanks. I always use the jockey wheel as its a pretty big trailer. The lad who had it could carry 3quads crossways on it. Fine size for a box on the front, quad and then some stags. Perfect.
    Nae bother, must be a 12x5 twin axle or something.

Those lock boxes will be ideal but could still make it ackward if u shunt it about by hand, if u can get a long narrow one u could mibbe site it down 1 side and still get the quad on (or put quad on side ways and put box over axles) which would make it better balanced for towing/handling

If ur a wee bit handy u could prob make a lightwieght 1, u already have 3 sides, just need to make 1 side and a lid

Handy and I, or me, are not words that go together cb. I've got room where I park the pick up to put the trailer in beside it.
    Again, thanks.