Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Norma factory ammo boxes (empty with plastic clip inserts)

Norma factory ammo boxes (empty with plastic clip inserts)

Hello fellow SD members i am in need of empty norma ammo boxes with the new plastic clip inserts in any/all of the following calibres as a group of friends and i are going abroad shooting and the airline has requested that our ammo be in factory ammo boxes. Thanks.

30-06

I've got the same problem. It doesn't make any difference and they probably won't check. But it's a hoop that must be jumped through

Mine is a .375 ruger problem though. I'm guessing I'll need to find someone on an American forum.

I can't help, but good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinigami View Post
    Hello fellow SD members i am in need of empty norma ammo boxes with the new plastic clip inserts in any/all of the following calibres as a group of friends and i are going abroad shooting and the airline has requested that our ammo be in factory ammo boxes. Thanks.

30-06
    Depends on each airline, this is Delta below, i think i threw mine out recently but i will check tomorrow and be in touch if i can find the Norma 30-06 box.
    • Ensure small arms ammunition is packed in the manufacturer's original package or securely packed in fiber, wood, plastic or metal boxes and provide separation for cartridges.

i have some 243 and 270

ping me your name and address via PM
    how many do you need?

Quote Originally Posted by devon deer stalker View Post
    Depends on each airline, this is Delta below, i think i threw mine out recently but i will check tomorrow and be in touch if i can find the Norma 30-06 box.
    • Ensure small arms ammunition is packed in the manufacturer's original package or securely packed in fiber, wood, plastic or metal boxes and provide separation for cartridges.
    Norwegian say "You may bring up to 5 kg of ammunition in the unopened, original packaging."

Which other airlines say too.

[QUOTE=Eddie P;1117745]Norwegian say "You may bring up to 5 kg of ammunition in the unopened, original packaging." Which other airlines say too. /QUOTE]

I think most airlines say something on similar lines but I think it is so worded so as not to get people turning up with loose rounds floating all over their luggage.
    I have always carried mine in the plastic inserts, inside a small, red metal, cash box and never had a problem.

I'd not fancy trying to negotiate with a check on clerk in a subject they choose not to wish to negotiate.

I'd prefer to go by the book so they have no excuse.

Shini and Eddie, which airline are you travelling with, I've travelled with a few and only once had a problem and that was with BA when I had my ammo in the cartons in my suitcase.
    They took them out and said I couldn't travel with live ammunition !!
    The end result was one of them telephoned the pilot and he said as long as they were securely wrapped he was happy to have them on board.
    One of the staff took a poly bag off of someone's dry cleaned suit that was hanging up, wrapped it around my two boxes of ammo, stuck some cello tape around it and took it on board.
    When I boarded one of the cabin staff told me they had something of mine for safe keeping until we landed, as I walked off the plane on landing it was given to me as I left the door.
    While all this went on, the other eleven of our party had already boarded with their ammo in their suitcases in the hold !!

Quote Originally Posted by EMcC View Post
    Shini and Eddie, which airline are you travelling with, I've travelled with a few and only once had a problem and that was with BA when I had my ammo in the cartons in my suitcase.
    They took them out and said I couldn't travel with live ammunition !!
    The end result was one of them telephoned the pilot and he said as long as they were securely wrapped he was happy to have them on board.
    One of the staff took a poly bag off of someone's dry cleaned suit that was hanging up, wrapped it around my two boxes of ammo, stuck some cello tape around it and took it on board.
    When I boarded one of the cabin staff told me they had something of mine for safe keeping until we landed, as I walked off the plane on landing it was given to me as I left the door.
    While all this went on, the other eleven of our party had already boarded with their ammo in their suitcases in the hold !!
    My next trip will be with Norwegian.

I have some in 243 if still needed, let me know via PM

Andy