Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 rifles/ complete with scopes and relaoding items, swap for Ham radio gear

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)

2 rifles/ complete with scopes and relaoding items, swap for Ham radio gear

Due to lack of time and use I will have the following 2 rifles for sale in the next week or so..

I am looking for a swap for Ham radio gear as I would like to get back on the air as I am not stalking or long range shooting anymore.

thank you

DE:G0WYD

RIFLE 1. tikka 595 in 6mm br

1, It is on a tikka 595 action formerly a 22-250 so the magazine feeds rather well. The barrel is 24 inch, 5 groove 1 in 9 twist number 3 profile
    It’s a Pac-Nor stainless barrel and screw cut 1/2 inch unf. The gun was built by Neil Mckillop in Reading. The rifle is pillar bedded into a 595 wooden stock. The trigger breaks cleanly at 2lbs, the total weight of the rifle including scope is 8lbs, ideal for walking around.
    The total round count for the new barrel was just 84 when I purchased it and I have sent 300 more down it so not had a lot of work at all. It shoots 85 grain Speers (BC .404) into .174 of an inch at 100 yards. I have used this gun to take fox, Muntjac and Roe. The caliber is cleared for all deer species in the UK.

rifle has a soft case ejection as I hate loosing expansive brass,

options

A,rifle, with 1 x 5 shot mag and 1 x 3 shot mag and the sl5 stainless moderator that has seen 300 shots since I have had it,

B, rifle as above (A) with 100 new lapua brass and a set of well used redding dies (3 neck,fl.and seating)

c, rifle as above (B)with a Zeiss conquest 4;5/14x50 plex and the optiloc rings and bases,

I would rather do a face to face as I have some ammo here that can go with the rifle but if not I will shoot them off and chuck the brass in with the sale. if you want it shipped you will have to pay for this to be done.

RIFLE 2

A brand new bergara b14 in .243 win,

As from the factory (please read up on it,) 22" 1/10 barrel, floor plate system gives you 4+1 I think, brand new at the same time as the rifle a hardy gen V mod. with a well used zeiss 4;5/14x44 mc plex ret. the rifle and mod have only seen 30 shots since new. I have a load of brass that I had from my last 243 once fired, so will need to be sized etc.

options.

A, rifle, bases and hardy gen V mod.

B, rifle as above (A) but with the zeiss 4:5/14x44 mc and a set of 243 dies.

again a face to face would be better as I have a lot of brass that can come with the rifle as I will not need it. if you wish the rifle to be shipped then you will have to pay for that to be done.
    Last edited by bobjs; 22-05-2016 at 09:30.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

what sort of radio gear you after i have some HF equipment im moving on dont want any more rifles but could work something out pm me if you want anymore info of what i have. regards Steve.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by supersport View Post
    what sort of radio gear you after i have some HF equipment im moving on dont want any more rifles but could work something out pm me if you want anymore info of what i have. regards Steve.
    Hi Steve

I will have a look around at the modern gear, not sure what's out there now, let me know what you have, re: HF 160 to 10 mtrs and a base radio on 2 mts. I have a psu but no antennas etc.

and I am really only interested in a deal as funds at this time are minimal

regards

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Quote Originally Posted by bobjs View Post
    Due to lack of time and use I will have the following 2 rifles for sale in the next week or so..

I am looking for a swap for Ham radio gear as I would like to get back on the air as I am not stalking or long range shooting anymore.

thank you

DE:G0WYD

RIFLE 1. tikka 595 in 6mm br

1, It is on a tikka 595 action formerly a 22-250 so the magazine feeds rather well. The barrel is 24 inch, 5 groove 1 in 9 twist number 3 profile
    It’s a Pac-Nor stainless barrel and screw cut 1/2 inch unf. The gun was built by Neil Mckillop in Reading. The rifle is pillar bedded into a 595 wooden stock. The trigger breaks cleanly at 2lbs, the total weight of the rifle including scope is 8lbs, ideal for walking around.
    The total round count for the new barrel was just 84 when I purchased it and I have sent 300 more down it so not had a lot of work at all. It shoots 85 grain Speers (BC .404) into .174 of an inch at 100 yards. I have used this gun to take fox, Muntjac and Roe. The caliber is cleared for all deer species in the UK.

rifle has a soft case ejection as I hate loosing expansive brass,

options

A,rifle, with 1 x 5 shot mag and 1 x 3 shot mag and the sl5 stainless moderator that has seen 300 shots since I have had it,

B, rifle as above (A) with 100 new lapua brass and a set of well used redding dies (3 neck,fl.and seating)

c, rifle as above (B)with a Zeiss conquest 4;5/14x50 plex and the optiloc rings and bases,

I would rather do a face to face as I have some ammo here that can go with the rifle but if not I will shoot them off and chuck the brass in with the sale. if you want it shipped you will have to pay for this to be done.

RIFLE 2

A brand new bergara b14 in .243 win,

As from the factory (please read up on it,) 22" 1/10 barrel, floor plate system gives you 4+1 I think, brand new at the same time as the rifle a hardy gen V mod. with a well used zeiss 4;5/14x44 mc plex ret. the rifle and mod have only seen 30 shots since new. I have a load of brass that I had from my last 243 once fired, so will need to be sized etc.

options.

A, rifle, bases and hardy gen V mod.

B, rifle as above (A) but with the zeiss 4:5/14x44 mc and a set of 243 dies.

again a face to face would be better as I have a lot of brass that can come with the rifle as I will not need it. if you wish the rifle to be shipped then you will have to pay for that to be done.
    Bob,

Great shame you're giving up mate, you'll regret it in time.......

Anything I can do to help give me a shout.

Sauer

Bob,

how owe you make that table ? Or is it brought ? Also the scope ?how much .

fair enough bob i have a kenwood ts940sat that iv had from new and a sommerkamp ft277zd both are 1.8-30mhz builtin power supply one has a antenna tuner built in both are fully working, are there any more radio hams on here.?
    Quote Originally Posted by bobjs View Post
    Hi Steve

I will have a look around at the modern gear, not sure what's out there now, let me know what you have, re: HF 160 to 10 mtrs and a base radio on 2 mts. I have a psu but no antennas etc.

and I am really only interested in a deal as funds at this time are minimal

regards

bob.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by supersport View Post
    fair enough bob i have a kenwood ts940sat that iv had from new and a sommerkamp ft277zd both are 1.8-30mhz builtin power supply one has a antenna tuner built in both are fully working, are there any more radio hams on here.?
    I think we have a few on here, I know when I went up north last year I had a good chat with 2 lads on here that dabble on the key and one who is just a QRP op.

bob.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauer_202_6.5x55 View Post
    Bob,

Great shame you're giving up mate, you'll regret it in time.......

Anything I can do to help give me a shout.

Sauer
    cheers Sauer

I will be doing a bit of shooting with the 20 tacs and that will be fox's. just not enough time and I have some health issues that have come up (again) so I think its time to stop as walking around is not easy anymore.

kind regards and thank you

bob.

Quote Originally Posted by .243 t3 View Post

the table was made with these,

Attachment 70375screw fix sawhorse 55 a set then fit the top of your choice, paint and enjoy

bob.

how owe you make that table ? Or is it brought ? Also the scope ?how much .

Cheers Bob .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk