Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: game fairs

game fairs

Hi all just a question about game fairs,which would be the best one to attend from a deer stalking point of view
    (1) the UK game fair in stoneleigh 22-24 july
    (2)the field and country fair oxfordshire 10-12 june
    (3) midland game fair in weston park in sept
    Last edited by heymman; 22-05-2016 at 11:51.

The midland is great if you are interested in stalking Pikeys!!!!!

No enough of them here at home without travelling to see them is the fair at stoneleigh any good is it worth a trip to

I see your original post and not to throw a spanner in the works but.... Don't bother with them and just go to the German Game Fair!!! I'm a bit disheartened with the regurgitated game fair scene and went to Germany for the first time this year and it was fantastic!
    “Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.”
    –Fred Bear -

CIC are on the NGO stand at both Cornbury and Midland so if you want trophies scored they are good.

The Midland has a good all round shooting scene

Quote Originally Posted by White Hart View Post
    I see your original post and not to throw a spanner in the works but.... Don't bother with them and just go to the German Game Fair!!! I'm a bit disheartened with the regurgitated game fair scene and went to Germany for the first time this year and it was fantastic!
    Same here, it is probably the only one I would go to now, other than to meet up friends.
    I should add it isn't any good if you like fiddly little bits and pieces you don't need or reloading.

Of those listed the Stonleigh will probably be the best
    Last edited by stuartp; 24-05-2016 at 07:42.

Trouble is most of the "Game Fairs" that are chasing the CLA market are new so we won't know which is the best until the autumn.

David

Well I'm going to find out and am taking YPM to the Field & Country Fair. They've set up a special area for kid's activities which is brilliant. Although this was not a requirement when I last went to the CLA five or six years ago. I think I've changed "demographic" in the interim...

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk
    "Wishy washy hand-wringing diversified all encompassing liberal"

Well, you have a second reason to go that of research to help other field sports people. True though balanced reports would help for next year.

David.

Quote Originally Posted by White Hart View Post
    Do you mean the Dortmund show?