Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: N150 metering

N150 metering

Does anyone else have trouble throwing N150? All other powders I have used meter great, but last night I resorted to using a dipper.

Any other powders that don't meter too well?

Cheers leon

H1000 meters very poorly. I now check every round against a known good round on accurate scales

Which powder thrower are you using, Viht extruded stick powders work pretty well on my Lee Perfect Powder measure and in my Hornady L&L auto dispenser.
    There's room for all Gods creatures ........... right next to the mash and gravy

Hi Jeff, I have never had trouble before with the LEE powder thrower(N140, H414, RS52, RELOADER 17).

This N150 was even getting stuck in the funnel, just looks really rough.

I have been on the lookout for another thrower.

SD Regular
    Worst powder, for me was H4831SC. Stanard long grain metered well. I used an RCBS Uniflow and it's baffle. But I've since sold it and reverted to Lyman's 55 Measure. It has a knocker. Thete's one on our classified forum. Not mine! But they are time proven.

Viht works well in the Lee perfect powder measure.

It should look exactly the same as the N140, they're both extruded stick.

It hasn't got damp at some point has it?, I had someone with a similar problem with some N140 they'd bought, it was "decanted" from a bulk supply stored in a rather old cardboard tub, it certainly didn't look as clean and shiny as any of the Viht powders I have.
    There's room for all Gods creatures ........... right next to the mash and gravy

I'll look into a lyman 55, cheers.

Jeff, it was a brand new sealed 1kg tub, it looks like short fat extruded grains( but slightly rough)

I find it easy to block the funnel with N150 if not swirled against the funnel taper.

Lee perfect measure sometimes feels to chop a grain but easily sheds a bit of Ramshot TAC, need to take it apart I think?

My Lee powder measure will sometimes chop a grain of H4895. Other than that it's..perfect.john