Thread: Shooting rights / land

Shooting rights / land

I'm probably just pipe dreaming (it's that dodgy baccy again) but I'm wondering how much in a ballpark figure way what sporting rights or land to shoot over might cost?.
    I know it would depend hugely on the land type (hill or lowland) and what area it's in etc. etc. but I thought it worth asking to see what the panel thought

fraser

Well fraser,

This is the hardest question to answer as you have rightly said its all dependant on the land not to mention the number of guys and the number of deer.

for my two pence worth i will tell you what i had been offered and the rest of the lads may be willing to share.

2500 acres for 1000 6 guns 40 deer between us.

i didnt take it as i dont have the 1000 but if anyone has a better deal contact me as i would love to be in another syndicate.

f.

Are you talking about buying or leasing the sporting rights?
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

Quote Originally Posted by Claret_Dabbler View Post
    Are you talking about buying or leasing the sporting rights?
    Sorry should have made it clearer. Wondering about land purchase or shooting rights in perpetuity (good stuff that baccy).

fraser

Quote Originally Posted by private fraser View Post
    Sorry should have made it clearer. Wondering about land purchase or shooting rights in perpetuity (good stuff that baccy).

fraser
    Dream on. Almost no one will seperate the land ownership from the sporting rights. Though it has been known to happen here in NI, where some of the big estates which were broken up for land reform over a 100 years ago, retained ownership of the sporting rights. I am aware of one 4000 acre block which was bought about ten years ago.

I would hawk a large portion of my worldly goods and at least one of the children to buy a block of sporting rights like that....
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......