Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Vaping" - A video - Your thoughts.

"Vaping" - A video - Your thoughts.

I have been "Vaping" (Using an e-cig) for a couple of years since giving up smoking.
    There has been much talk/debate about the safe/unsafe use of e-cigarettes from both sides of the fence. The way that I see it is that "Vaping" is so much less harmful/dangerous to your health than using tobacco products (Be it cigarettes, cigars, pipes or whatever) as there are so many "harmful" toxins in tobacco compared to those in e-cig juices.
    One of the biggest problems with e-cigs (As I see it) is the nicotine content in the juice. Let's face it, according to the medical profession it is nicotine that keeps you hooked and wanting to smoke.
    Over the couple of years that I have been "Vaping" I have "weaned myself down" from a 30 strength nicotine juice to just a 3 strength nicotine juice. I have now started mixing my own juice which has ZERO NICOTINE in it - and I don't notice the difference.
    I have just come across this video on Youtube and would welcome your thoughts on it. It's just over 10 minutes long but for those who Vape (Or say that "vaping" is just as bad/harmful as smoking) it's well worth watching.

Anyone wish to offer any thoughts or opinions on the video!

I'll stick to the odd cohiba , not going to live forever anyway !
    Right where's those stones , I'll start !

I'm sure that vaping is less harmful than actual smoking,however it still contains nicotinic which is not good , if you have have managed to wean yourself down to zero nicotine then you could stop quite easily if you wish..

Never tried taking vaping, personally I see it as exchanging one crutch for another , a useful aid towards stopping yes!
    But as a replacement for tobacco yes safer! 100% safe no!

A smoker for 40 years, nicotine free for the last 6

There was a program about it on last night, funnily enough. The general consensus seemed to be that while it was a lot safer than inhaling tobacco smoke, the effects of the carrier liquid (glycerin?) in vapour form on health were a complete unknown, and that there was little control regarding the flavour formulation ingredients in a lot of cases. Guess it's got to be a lot better than inhaling tar, particulates, and carbon monoxide though
    A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care

I have seen the business plans of a few e-Cig companies and the profits are very high - thats the reason they are being pushed hard. Interestingly my teenage daughter is telling me that more stupid kids are thinking that cool thing is vaping and now going round the bike sheds for a vape - whereas we all went out for a cigarette.

Tobacco does have its uses however - there is a Canadian company that is using Tobacco plant as a bioreactor to produce life saving medicines at a cost of c10% of current medicines. Lead product is a biosimilar to Herceptin for treatment of breast cancer - Welcome to PlantForm

But saying all that nothing beats a good cigar on the river bank for keeping the midges away!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Heym SR20 View Post
    I have seen the business plans of a few e-Cig companies and the profits are very high - thats the reason they are being pushed hard. Interestingly my teenage daughter is telling me that more stupid kids are thinking that cool thing is vaping and now going round the bike sheds for a vape - whereas we all went out for a cigarette.

Tobacco does have its uses however - there is a Canadian company that is using Tobacco plant as a bioreactor to produce life saving medicines at a cost of c10% of current medicines. Lead product is a biosimilar to Herceptin for treatment of breast cancer - Welcome to PlantForm

But saying all that nothing beats a good cigar on the river bank for keeping the midges away!!!
    Have plenty of loaded pipes in pocket, one after the other really sorts them out.
    Honour all men, Love the Brotherhood, Fear God, Honour the Queen.

Keep the Faith.

Been Vaping for 3 years or so, mixing my own Juices for the past 2 years, Zero nicotine. Went from 60 B&H a day to vaping, best thing i have found is i can now walk up some big arse hills without being out of breath, and having to stop every 2 mins for a fag break. Plenty to read below.
    E-cigarettes around 95% less harmful than tobacco estimates landmark review - Press releases - GOV.UK
    An expert independent evidence review published today by Public Health England (PHE) concludes that e-cigarettes are significantly less harmful to health than tobacco and have the potential to help smokers quit smoking.

Key findings of the review include:

• the current best estimate is that e-cigarettes are around 95% less harmful than smoking
    • nearly half the population (44.8%) don’t realise e-cigarettes are much less harmful than smoking
    • there is no evidence so far that e-cigarettes are acting as a route into smoking for children or non-smokers

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchieBoy View Post
    Over the couple of years that I have been "Vaping" I have "weaned myself down" from a 30 strength nicotine juice to just a 3 strength nicotine juice. I have now started mixing my own juice which has ZERO NICOTINE in it - and I don't notice the difference.
    If I were you I'd pack it in, then. Habits can be pretty much as addictive as chemicals, of course - but if you're not getting any nicotine and still exposing your lungs and rest-of-body to the vapour, what's going on with the risk/benefit balance? Vaping is probably a less-dangerous nicotine delivery-system than smoking - but it certainly isn't a safer no-nicotine delivery-system than not smoking.

Just give up its very easy if you have the balls to push though it just think this my lungs were made for air not strawberry's

You can "prove" anything with the use of some opinion from a scientific study. The latest thing I heard on the radio today was that the idea that eating food with a large fat content doesn't make you fat, thus overturning decades of "experts" and medical advice.

Pass the the frying pan.