Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Go on give me your opinion..........

Go on give me your opinion..........

Hi everyone, i'm in the market for a new rifle and have narrowed it down to either......

1} Remington SPS Tactical.
    2}STEYR MANNLICHER, Pro Hunter 2 {Mountain}.

Whatever one I decide on it will be in .223 and moderated.
    It will be used as a bit of a jack of all trades, foxes, general vermin and sometimes roe {I'm in Scotland}.

I have never owned either a Remmy or a Steyr and fancy a change..........

Go on give me your opinion as I need to order it on Monday and can't decide.

personally i would go for the remington !

why ? my mate has just got one of the styer's and im not overly inpressed , he's has had to re-zero it 4 out the last 5 time weve been out !

cheers lee

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

[QUOTE=leec6.5 personally i would go for the remington !

+1 more for the remington

Cheers guys, interesting........I always looked upon Steyrs as being really good quality rifles but the more I look into it, and hear different opinions i'm starting to wonder if their as good as I first thought.

Can't coment on the Rem or Mountain But I have a SSG-69 P1 in 243 with a 7 x 50 Meopta and it out shoots me (easy I know!) holds under 1/2 groups at 100 yards of the bench I have even had the odd 1 hole group, so if you can take the weight I belive Sportsmans has an offer on them.

I have at the present time a Remington 700 BDL in .243 and a Prohunter in .308, and would say both are good rifles and are capable of shooting sub 3/4" - 1/2" groups with homeloaded ammo.
    The choice would be personal taste really! Have look & handle the 2 of them then decide.

Atb,

Moe..

would you not but yourself a tikka T3 lite or even a T3 tactical and enjoy your shooting .

Given the choice of a .223 by Remmington, a modern Mannlicher and a Tikka I would buy a Sako in .243 every time! JC
    Last edited by JC275; 11-06-2010 at 19:46.

Quote Originally Posted by leec6.5 View Post
    personally i would go for the remington !

why ? my mate has just got one of the styer's and im not overly inpressed , he's has had to re-zero it 4 out the last 5 time weve been out !

cheers lee
    Lee,

I would have thought if the rifle keeps losing zero it is unlikely to be a rifle performance issue, if its grouping well then maybe another reason optics, mounts etc No expert but just an instinct... Would be interested in other guys thoughts??

A friend has a pro hunter and although i don't like the look and feel performance wise I cannot fault it and many on here have shot deer with it...

ATB

Alex