Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How much to charge a shoot for ornamental Pheseant

How much to charge a shoot for ornamental Pheseant

Hi,

we we breed a few ornamental Pheseant and have been asked by a few shoots for bounty birds, Now I have never solds bird to a shoot and wondered if people new what prices I should charge roughly.

we have the following

yellow golden Pheseant
    red breasted golden Pheseant
    silver pheasant
    reeves pheseant
    lady Amherst Pheseant

if anyone could give me rough prices that would be great, They would be sold off heat.

Perhaps ask the bounty then charge a bit less?

hmm I cud see a few of them getting boffed we use white birds a nd pay 6 guns have a job between hen and cock let alone different breeds of pheasant !
    the ornamentals fetch big money for pairs at Melton market
    cheers Norma

Quote Originally Posted by norma 308 View Post
    hmm I cud see a few of them getting boffed we use white birds a nd pay 6 guns have a job between hen and cock let alone different breeds of pheasant !
    the ornamentals fetch big money for pairs at Melton market
    cheers Norma
    I've got a mate who put a few guinea fowl down. People still shot them as they got trigger happy.

I think there was a 500 fine for charity on those.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie P View Post
    I've got a mate who put a few guinea fowl down. People still shot them as they got trigger happy.

I think there was a 500 fine for charity on those.

he was doing good to get them to fly higher than ten feet!!!!!!

Be careful about the rules on releasing some of the more exotic pheasants.

David,

I was under the belief that it was illegal to put reeves down. We had to kill them at the game farm when eggs where hatched from France there was always an odd one kicking about.
    They used to spook the other birds with there weird chatter.

Ironside

Hi cheers guys, I am not sure on the legal side of things as my birds are penned and are for breeding, I have heard of shoots having reeves down.

I just dont don't know how much to charge shoots for my birds as this is the first time I have been asked, I know the bounty would be 100 but asking just below this seem a bit steep to me what do people think I was thinking 20 maybe????

A shoot I used to beat on it was 500 if a reeves was shot and had to be mounted for the estate owner's shoot lodge ,another shoot had every type of exotic pheasants but at a very high cost this shoot also had black Turkey's that would get up off the hill and give a good account in flight also at a price to match the flying black sacks . Another had Guinea fowl that we on our beaters day would try to wipe them out but to no avail ?? feckers would give the game away when we were out after mr red ?

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Reeves are explicitly mentioned in Schedule 9 Part 1 of the WCA 1981, Section 14(1) of which "makes it illegal to release or allow to escape into the wild any animal which is not ordinarily resident in Great Britain and is not a regular visitor to Great Britain in a wild state, or is listed in Schedule 9 to the Act".

See https://secure.fera.defra.gov.uk/non...ent.cfm?id=375

Re: guinea fowl, I killed one of those with my second ever shot from my Beretta 16g hammer gun, causing much amusement amongst the beaters who had called it up for me
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!