Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 300 Blackout bolt action

300 Blackout bolt action

Hello, can anyone please tell me where i can buy a 300 blackout bolt action rifle or get a Re barrel job fairly cheaply, the problem being that the barrel has to be either a 1 in 7 or 8 twist.
    i know Remington make a 700 sps in 300blk but i cant find one, im hoping howa release the mini action in it but i cant see it coming any time soon.
    thanks for reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinigami View Post
    Hello, can anyone please tell me where i can buy a 300 blackout bolt action rifle or get a Re barrel job fairly cheaply, the problem being that the barrel has to be either a 1 in 7 or 8 twist.
    i know Remington make a 700 sps in 300blk but i cant find one, im hoping howa release the mini action in it but i cant see it coming any time soon.
    thanks for reading.
    I have one of these in 300 AAC. The Ruger American Ranch model.

It's got a 1:7 twist and shoots better than I can hold. I have busted 7" x 9" steel plates at 500 yards with it. I have shot at 350 on the same sized target and gone through the better part of three mags full and not missed. For the money it is a super rifle. The trigger on mine was a little stiff but they have improved them greatly in recent issues.~Muir

What do you think of the magazines on the Ranch rifles ? They seem solid enough , but how do they feed ?

AB

Quote Originally Posted by alberta boy View Post
    What do you think of the magazines on the Ranch rifles ? They seem solid enough , but how do they feed ?

AB
    The magazines have, in the past, been a sticking point. I bought 4 extra magazines and none worked with the 300. Luckily, it was a quick fix with a needle file taking about 1.5 minutes to do each. A buddy just bought a 300AAC Ranch and he went to the same local outlet and bought 4 of these old stock magazines. None worked. (In both cases, the one shipped with the gun functioned flawlessly) I showed him how to fix them and he did, but he also called Ruger. They sent him four of the current version of the magazine, no questions asked. They all functioned fine. I'm guessing that Ruger has got it right now.~Muir

i seem to recall something about never ever going to having another Ruger centerfire rifle being said once lol Muir. have you been seduced back?

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    The magazines have, in the past, been a sticking point. I bought 4 extra magazines and none worked with the 300. Luckily, it was a quick fix with a needle file taking about 1.5 minutes to do each. A buddy just bought a 300AAC Ranch and he went to the same local outlet and bought 4 of these old stock magazines. None worked. (In both cases, the one shipped with the gun functioned flawlessly) I showed him how to fix them and he did, but he also called Ruger. They sent him four of the current version of the magazine, no questions asked. They all functioned fine. I'm guessing that Ruger has got it right now.~Muir
    LET HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE & PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE!

Quote Originally Posted by CWMMAN3738 View Post
    i seem to recall something about never ever going to having another Ruger centerfire rifle being said once lol Muir. have you been seduced back?
    Yeah. I even quoted myself when i posted about the Ruger Precision Rifle I'd bought. I still do not like anything Mini 14 or M77 (centerfire) but the division that makes the RPR and the American series seems to have most of their s--t together. I have bought four new Ruger CF rifles in the last year; 1 Precision and three American Series and they all shoot.~Muir

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    That's good to hear , I have been sitting on the fence over these rifles for a while . I think I'll pick one up and give it a try . Now , what caliber , hmmm .

AB

That's good to hear , I have been sitting on the fence over these rifles for a while . I think I'll pick one up and give it a try . Now , what caliber , hmmm .

AB
    What Whispers to you???~Muir

The 7/08 is calling to me ...... in stainless .

AB

The 7/08 is calling to me ...... in stainless .

AB
    There is a blued one down here for $400. A buddy just bought one for his wife and loaded my 120 grain load with Varget. She was shooting half MOA on the very first outing. Even before he determined the distance to the lands... and before he learned that crimping is bad.
    Poor man. ~Muir

Need to clarify: That was a Savage 7-08 he bought, not the Ruger. My OP was referring to 7-08, not the make.
    Last edited by Muir; 28-05-2016 at 13:16.