Windows 10 - automatically installing itself

kes

Has anyone had this problem? Just browsing the SD this morning and a windows (window) appeared saying updates for windows 10 being installed. I had not pressed anything, didnt want it (had deleted about 30 reminders to update) but couldnt stop it.
When finished I declined the terms and conditions and asked for its removal - I know its still on the hard drive so I'm left wondering how to rid my perfectly good windows 7 of this modern curse that will eat my eyeballs ! Well its irritating. No-one else had this ?

Hate the B////y thing. Why do they have to change it. My machine started to install it on its own when I left it running yesterday. I managed to stop it installing. Just turned the bugger off.

All seems well at the moment and returned to normal. I am thinking of getting an Apple machine next time. Not that I know anything about IT.

System restore then look for 'never10'

Linux Mint instead of apple carp..

Last edited:
Hate the B////y thing. Why do they have to change it. My machine started to install it on its own when I left it running yesterday. I managed to stop it installing. Just turned the bugger off.

All seems well at the moment and returned to normal. I am thinking of getting an Apple machine next time. Not that I know anything about IT.

Got an apple laptop,,, totally hated it, gave it to my daughter

It installed itself on my Windows 7 machine after they changed the "x" box option. I tried to "rollback" to Windows 7 and the machine would not and is now dead. I am in correspondence with them shortly to use for the damage with a threat of action in the Small Claims Court. I too tried the Apple thing and didn't like it.

Windows is not installing for OUR own good - but theirs !

I suspect they don't want to have to pay staff to maintain and update a load of windows versions.

It tried to automatically install on mine but I just crashed the computer and it 'reluctantly' reverted to win 7

I guess one day I'll get caught - I will be p**ed off if it stops stuff working though !

Windows is not installing for OUR own good - but theirs !

I suspect they don't want to have to pay staff to maintain and update a load of windows versions.

It tried to automatically install on mine but I just crashed the computer and it 'reluctantly' reverted to win 7

I guess one day I'll get caught - I will be p**ed off if it stops stuff working though !

You just need to update your update settings to not automatically install 'recommended' updates.

I really can't see the problem, changed to 10 when it came out, went through the options and disabled the tracking ones, loaded classic shell set it to look like W7 and never looked back.

image.png
If it's not to late.....Don't click on the X and ignore the message as now the X is programmed to schedule the install (very sly Microsoft) What you need to do to stop w10 upgrade is do the following above.

The reason why they are forcing people is ££££, Windows 10 has an App Store and it's geared up for them to make loads of Wonga and on marketing, sad really.
Hope this helps
UK Guy

Last edited:
Now I feel lonely and inadequate, I like my windows 10 machine and have no problems with it. I can either use the window with the tiles on or the desktop where you can mimic windows 7, I quite like using the tiles though :).

John

+1 john but remember to turn off the built in key logger that sends every keystroke you make back to Microsoft
Now I feel lonely and inadequate, I like my windows 10 machine and have no problems with it. I can either use the window with the tiles on or the desktop where you can mimic windows 7, I quite like using the tiles though :).

John

Gents go into your updates installed on your start menu ,look up KB3035583 AND UNINSTALL IT.its the carrier for windows ten,then turn off your automatic updates and change it to recommend updates with my permission only and it wont happen again.Not only is it full of microsoft spyware after 12 months theyre going to charge you for it.Hope this helps

It,s Bill Gates wanting to sell you carp from his book of pointless apps and know everything you want to do and look at:-|,but i blame the Tribbles:stir:

It,s Bill Gates wanting to sell you carp from his book of pointless apps and know everything you want to do and look at:-|,but i blame the Tribbles:stir:[/QUOTe

I have managed to delete it (thankfully) I dont want to have to pay rentals for microsoft programmes its simply a money - making game and its not safe anyway. Hack a few computers illegally, sell some more software to prevent it. Who could have envisaged ransoms for their own information?

Well done m8 i had the same thing happen Tuesday ,so i googled and found that fix but you have to turn auto updates off or it does it again ,it tried Wednesday so off updates and settings changed to keep the robbing conning Yankees away from my laptop .I wish the fat pillock could be taken to court over this ,its got to be against data protection laws having all your doings reported to Microsoft HQ so the can sell you what you dont want

I had to take my pc into the local shop and have a clean install of my old windows and stopped all automatic updates as windows 10 was going to install itself again.

If you have it and use it make sure you go through the settings and disable all the links that steals all your information and that includes bank details etc.

Every time I switch on it comes up with urgent updates reqd but I know it is just trying to plant its seed again for automatic install of windows 10

Back