Thread: Dog ban consultaion in Northumberland

Dog ban consultaion in Northumberland

As many know I am a NESSR supporter.(Springer rescue.) We have a thread running re a ban on dogs on the beaches in Northunberland we are asking for as many as possible to complete the consultaion document. If the hunreds of dogs that walk the said beaches every day have to go elsewhere it has to affect stalkers and shooter. If you can spare a minute please fill it in.
    http://www2.northumberland.gov.uk/survey/sncne_dog_control_orders___consultation.htm

filled in,well i have a springer and i live in the Northumberland area!! what about the 75 fine or risk the 1000 in court!! cash for councils i say,i blame the government giving a small amount to all agency's,police/councils,etc and letting them find the rest of there budget in fines!!

A bloody disgrace!
    So when exactly did dogs become such a manace? By all means punish those who fail to remove their dog's ***** or allow it to cause chaos uncontrolled.
    I'd much rather they did something uselful like tackle those deliberately littering the beaches or the drunken scum who appear during the summer.
    Revenue generation.

Quote Originally Posted by scotsgun View Post
    A bloody disgrace!
    So when exactly did dogs become such a manace? By all means punish those who fail to remove their dog's ***** or allow it to cause chaos uncontrolled.
    I'd much rather they did something uselful like tackle those deliberately littering the beaches or the drunken scum who appear during the summer.
    Revenue generation.
    drunken scum in the summer..forgot that one!!! good point!!

We dogowners in Cheshire are slowly being excluded from areas of all ground where others might enter, & possibly be at risk from droppings that might be present, pretty soon having a dog anywhere other than in a working situation is going to be an exceptional case.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Here in Scotland things have went the other way with the open access rights to walkers. Anyone can enter your land to exercise their dog provided it is under "close control". I wonder what bright spark of a political lawyer thought up that wording? I have had to put in dog access hatches in all the stiles in my forest and then put up with any Tom, Dick or Dick taking thier dog over my ground. Who cares that I have spent a fair bit of my own money improving the habitat for woodland grouse to then see it dogged to hell in the spring. The other night when I was sitting out for a Roebuck I was jumped on by a snarling Jack Russel. When I roared at it I heard the faint whisle and call from its owner some 500m away. David