wooden stalking poles

simon1067

I have jsut broken my second sets of telescopice tripod poles in as many years this morning. And more important it made me miss the chance on a lovely buck!

I do nt need to collase them down so does anyone know where I can buy a really nice wooden set??

save your self the money and get a pair of green garden sticks from B&Q or focus etc , bit of bike inner tube and sorted for under TENNER !

cheers lee

I like to keep my stalking kit as light and as uncluttered as possible. I found that 6 months of shooting practice with crossed telescopic sticks paid off in the end. No need for quads or tripods. Practice make perfect.

These are the ones I made following tips off someone off this site:

stix2.jpg

Plastic canes - £1.99 each
Foam handles - £4.99 for a pack of 4 in Halfords.
Hoover Rubber - £2.25 for 10 off E-Bay
Tape - free

Going to add foam above where the sticks cross so there is less chance of noise/slipping when in use. Good thing is they are really light, and you can stick em in the ground without them falling over if you are in an ambush point, waiting for deer.

cheers

Stu

These are the ones I made following tips off someone off this site:

stix2.jpg

Plastic canes - £1.99 each
Foam handles - £4.99 for a pack of 4 in Halfords.
Hoover Rubber - £2.25 for 10 off E-Bay
Tape - free

Going to add foam above where the sticks cross so there is less chance of noise/slipping when in use. Good thing is they are really light, and you can stick em in the ground without them falling over if you are in an ambush point, waiting for deer.

cheers

Stu

:stag: :thumb:

[FONT=&quot]My set of homemade Homebase green garden sticks. Bolted through & using a couple of Duplon rod grips then riveted a piece of webbing on top.

They work brilliantly

Chris

[/FONT]
moz-screenshot.png
Image666.jpg

Image634.jpg

Image630.jpg

Back