Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Curious question about fac conditions

Curious question about fac conditions

Just had my fac back after asking for it to be "opened", it has been.

One of the deer legal calibers has come back with no conditions attached at all. All other bits of the fac are in order lawful possession and ammunition with normal expanding ammunition conditions

Rhetorical question is, what can I do with this rifle that I couldn't with conditions attached.

My intention is to contact my flo for guidance.

If it has come back with no conditions at all so they have done as you requested, it couldn't be any opener than that what are you complaining about?
    Are you now thinking of contacting your firearms department and asking them to add conditions.

Think of the basic simple principle that nothing is nothing is illegal unless there is a law against it.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    If it has come back with no conditions at all so they have done as you requested, it couldn't be any opener than that what are you complaining about?
    Are you now thinking of contacting your firearms department and asking them to add conditions.

Think of the basic simple principle that nothing is nothing is illegal unless there is a law against it.
    Fair comment, but what can I do with the 243 no conditions attached that I can't with the 270 with aolq, practice & zeroing. Competitive paper punching is the only thing I can think of?

Why add unnecessary conditions?

Quote Originally Posted by NoIDeer View Post
    Fair comment, but what can I do with the 243 no conditions attached that I can't with the 270 with aolq, practice & zeroing. Competitive paper punching is the only thing I can think of?

Why add unnecessary conditions?
    Have the put down that you can buy expanding ammo for the .243?

Just had my fac back after asking for it to be "opened", it has been.

One of the deer legal calibers has come back with no conditions attached at all. All other bits of the fac are in order lawful possession and ammunition with normal expanding ammunition conditions

Rhetorical question is, what can I do with this rifle that I couldn't with conditions attached.

My intention is to contact my flo for guidance.

Take a pic of that part of your cert as it is will be easier for members to comment, my guess is your cert will read with the .270 and conditions with the .243 following after.

Tim.243
    Stalking is very much like going to the night club

You can always tell an Essex Boy, just you cant tell him much...

An hour in the field is worth a week of typing trash.....

Quote Originally Posted by Tim.243 View Post
    Take a pic of that part of your cert as it is will be easier for members to comment, my guess is your cert will read with the .270 and conditions with the .243 following after.

Tim.243
    Sorry no photos.

Reads "The .270 rifle serial number ***** and ammunition..." no mention of 243.

Expanding ammunition condition has the phrase "in the calibres authorised by this certificate", 243 and ammunition are authorised.

Question is still what can I do with the 243 that I can't with the 270?

If you are concerned about it and the same use applies to both rifles, then maybe ask your FLD to use the single all embracing condition as advised in Appendix 3 of the HO Guidance, "The firearms and ammunition....................."

Sorry no photos.

Reads "The .270 rifle serial number ***** and ammunition..." no mention of 243.

Expanding ammunition condition has the phrase "in the calibres authorised by this certificate", 243 and ammunition are authorised.

Question is still what can I do with the 243 that I can't with the 270?
    I guess as it can only be a guess as we can only see what you type...

As expanding is for quarry species then it will mention " Lawful Authority to Shoot
    (a) the lawful shooting of deer
    (b) the shooting of vermin......etc

With the guidelines then .243 would not be conditioned for Boar however that is a pissing match for a thread on its own.

In a nut shell it is like trying to guess what colour you truck is with out seeing it...

Well done on getting the ticket opened up but ring your firearms dept up and ask as it will be quicker.

Tim.243
    Stalking is very much like going to the night club

You can always tell an Essex Boy, just you cant tell him much...

An hour in the field is worth a week of typing trash.....

Quote Originally Posted by Tim.243 View Post
    I guess as it can only be a guess as we can only see what you type...

As expanding is for quarry species then it will mention " Lawful Authority to Shoot
    (a) the lawful shooting of deer
    (b) the shooting of vermin......etc

With the guidelines then .243 would not be conditioned for Boar however that is a pissing match for a thread on its own.

In a nut shell it is like trying to guess what colour you truck is with out seeing it...

Well done on getting the ticket opened up but ring your firearms dept up and ask as it will be quicker.

Tim.243
    Not sure what you are trying to get at I am well chuffed with my cert being opened and have no problem with it as it is. I am just curious what anyone could lawfully do with a rifle that has no conditions attached.
    My previous closed ticket did have both rifles in the same condition.

Not sure what you are trying to get at I am well chuffed with my cert being opened and have no problem with it as it is. I am just curious what anyone could lawfully do with a rifle that has no conditions attached.
    My previous closed ticket did have both rifles in the same condition.

anything lawful.....

sounds more like they have forgotten to add the ,243 or remove the .270 to the front section that details what YOU THE SHOOTER are authorised to do

I.E.
    The holder of this certificate may possess, purchase or acquire expanding ammo, or the missiles for such ammunition, in calibres authorised by this cert for use in connection with one or more of the following
    a) the lawful shooting of deer
    b) the shooting of vermin or in connection with the management of any estate
    c) the humane killing of animals
    d) the shooting of animals for the protection of other animals or humans

The Firearms and ammo shall be used only for target shooting on ranges suitable for the safe use of that class of firearm and with adequate financial arrangements in place to meet any injury or damage claim

The firearms and ammo shall be used for the shooting of all lawful quarry and for zeroing and practice on ranges and ladn over which the holder has lawful authority to shoot