Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anybody share a rifle with another FAC holder?

Does anybody share a rifle with another FAC holder?

I have been shooting with a friend for probably 10+ years and we have some identical calibre weapons. In particular .204 on which he has dedicated NV. We invarriable go foxing together but on some circumstances he can't make it and it would be handy to use his .204 with NV. It would make life a lot easier if I could have access to this weapon.

Is anybody else in this situation and what did your FA dept think of it/arrangement.

I know some couples have weapons on each other tickets and share a cabinet but in my scenario the waepon would normally reside at its owners.

Any advise?

D

I have a .243W that is also on my sons licence at another address so he can borrow it when the need arises so it should not be a problem,

In D&C I have 3 x rifles on both mine and my son-in-law's FACs for joint use without issue. In fact the arrangement is quite beneficial as two of them are permanenty stored at his location and it means my cabinet capacity for new toys isn't questioned.

Now my Dad has started target shooting, most of my guns are on his ticket and his 2 are on mine. We share storage, but the stuff he's not allowed are secured within the cabinet. We have separate ammo safes.

His FAC says he can borrow the guns we share.

several

my father, all his are also on my sister and brother's FAC
    My late uncle, had both of his on mine

paper exercise, should not be questioned
    would love to see how they interpret it in the numbers of firearms held.
    Pretty much guarantee they count the FAC entries rather than actual firearms

Yes my rifles are also on my Grandsons ticket, put on when be was a youngster shooting with me, now living a 100 miles away with rifles of his own, sti!l on at his last renewal his F.E.O advised to leave them on " as he might want to borrow a rifle at some point"

My neighbour and his son, a farmer, "shares" his .308 with his brother. So thats 3 people sharing one rifle. They both have a cabinet and can therefore keep the rifle at their own home address.

Guys,
    Many thanks for the info, seems to be quite straight forward, also I will consider putting all my rifles on my sons FAC as he already has his own cabinet in my house.

I will talk to my mate about the .204.

D

The previous examples are all family related but I have 2 of my friends rifles on my cert as a borrowed condition. One is a 22-250 and the other .22lr. My cert states 'The 22/250 rifle and mod serial number xxxxx and the 22lr and mod serial number xxxxx may ONLY be borrowed from time to time from cert holder xxxxxxxx. Was told by my FEO that I am allowed to have them for up to 6 months at a time in my possession then they must be returned, even if it is for 1 night then I can have them back again, lol!!

We often have this conversation in the pub where if you think about it and the firearms depts allowed this more often than not, there would be fewer firearms in circulation thus technically making gun ownership safer for the PC brigade!!

Although in my case I was still granted .243 and .308 for deer as well so I have access to loads of guns!!
    Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory

Quote Originally Posted by stratts View Post
    The previous examples are all family related but I have 2 of my friends rifles on my cert as a borrowed condition. One is a 22-250 and the other .22lr. My cert states 'The 22/250 rifle and mod serial number xxxxx and the 22lr and mod serial number xxxxx may ONLY be borrowed from time to time from cert holder xxxxxxxx. Was told by my FEO that I am allowed to have them for up to 6 months at a time in my possession then they must be returned, even if it is for 1 night then I can have them back again, lol!!
    Mine are family but also 300 miles apart

that in bold is yet another made up clause
    My uncle's .270 sat in my possession for 6 years

you either have authority or not, there is no time limit
    this is not a borrow clause on a SGC