Thread: Little Acorn Camera Issue

Little Acorn Camera Issue

I have one of the above that is set up to send images via GPRS, which it did brilliantly at first. Now, however, it does not send all the images taken and lately only seems to send any images at night. Weird! Any thoughts?

Many thanks.

Have a look at the link on this thread.

I am am having issues with my Ltl Acorn at the minute and have put it down to batteries having read this.

Ltl Acorn uk spares excellent service

I've got a couple of sorts of trailcams, just the straightforward types. When the batteries are getting low, they stop recording at night but are still perfect by day.

Quote Originally Posted by Tam the Gun View Post
    Have a look at the link on this thread.

I am am having issues with my Ltl Acorn at the minute and have put it down to batteries having read this.

Ltl Acorn uk spares excellent service
    Thanks for that. I was aware batteries might be an issue, but have used the ones pakatac both recommend and sell. I have also made sure they are fully charged. I'm puzzled!

Have a look at this site,
    Ron Bury's Wildlife

If you can't find an answer on the site then make contact with Ron. He is a very helpful chap doesn't like giving up unless he has found a solution for you. You can make a donation to him via the site also.

I have 3 out in different locations as we speak sending back pictures over an SMTP service. Its much cheaper. A little fiddly to set up but worth it.
    Deer Stalking. Training and Courses. Deer Stalking Certificate Level 1, Training and Witnessing for the Level 2 Assessment.
    www.deercentral.co.uk

I'll try and contact Ron. I'm using the SMTP method, too, as it's way cheaper. Thanks for your advice.

I spoke to Ron yesterday and he was very helpful. It seems position of the camera is important, i.e. too low doesn't help. Also, atmospheric and proximity to phone masts appears to be more of an issue than for mobile phones. It's possible to fit a higher gain antenna which, although not a magic cure, could certainly improve matters.

Also don't use Duracell (you probably have that nailed already). I get cheap Philips lithiums from here that seem to last well.
    http://www.battery-force.co.uk/detai...Pack-of-4.html

Also can you post the SMTP only route? If I try to only do email it does't send, but when you do the PicSMS and email it does!

Changing the batteries didnt work for me, gave Ron a call, very useful. i am away to play with the camera to see if i can get it fixed.

Ron Bury's Wildlife

Quote Originally Posted by Ratten View Post
    Also don't use Duracell (you probably have that nailed already). I get cheap Philips lithiums from here that seem to last well.
    http://www.battery-force.co.uk/detai...Pack-of-4.html

Also can you post the SMTP only route? If I try to only do email it does't send, but when you do the PicSMS and email it does!
    Its fairly straight forward but if you get one step wrong it wont work and it won't tell you why. I know that there is a new policy adopted by a lot of web mail providers that reject emails from SMTP servers but strangely I set up an auditing email address on the SMTP account settings and this email is being received without any problem.
    Deer Stalking. Training and Courses. Deer Stalking Certificate Level 1, Training and Witnessing for the Level 2 Assessment.
    www.deercentral.co.uk