Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Problems at BASC ?

Problems at BASC ?

I have recently (today), read of problems at BASC. Suggestions of resignations and suspensions. It is also suggested this could be false - apparently reported on twitter. Is anyone aware of problems or can I assume its rubbish ?
    thanks.

Since learned something has gone awry but no-one is saying anything about it.

BASC has been for to long holding back on items when they should be pushing the shooting/stalking agenda first.
    I think they have sidled up to the government/police for far too long thinking that they may by quiet discussion manage to better serve the fire arms community.
    Having done so; I think they may be waking up to the fact that we, if not have been, are about to get royally pooped on by the government and I hope it's not too late for them to do something about it

Any comment from those in BASC before I take my insurance renewal elsewhere?????

It's been a gravy train for quite a while now, having said that, there are some well hard working staff in there too.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    It's been a gravy train for quite a while now, having said that, there are some well hard working staff in there too.

I was a member of W.A.G.B.I. when their sign hung at the bottom end of Watergate st, seen a few comings & goings.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    I was a member of W.A.G.B.I. when their sign hung at the bottom end of Watergate st, seen a few comings & goings.
    Some of the goings from Watergate st. and soon after were the best guys they have ever had. J.R. in particular springs to mind.
    Been a member since 1964. Out this year.Wf1

SD Regular
    WAGBI...what happened to the dispensation that WAGBI/BASC Members could shoot on the Crown Foreshore? I asked about it some years ago to be told that it no longer was active. Anyone remember it?

Quote Originally Posted by enfieldspares View Post
    WAGBI...what happened to the dispensation that WAGBI/BASC Members could shoot on the Crown Foreshore? I asked about it some years ago to be told that it no longer was active. Anyone remember it?
    Yes, it used to be one of the main selling points for WAGBI

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyEddie View Post
    BASC has been for to long holding back on items when they should be pushing the shooting/stalking agenda first.
    I think they have sidled up to the government/police for far too long thinking that they may by quiet discussion manage to better serve the fire arms community.
    Having done so; I think they may be waking up to the fact that we, if not have been, are about to get royally pooped on by the government and I hope it's not too late for them to do something about it

Any comment from those in BASC before I take my insurance renewal elsewhere?????
    How, in particular are we going to get pooped on?

Kes
    where have you read it? Is there a link?
    DD