6.5x55

Guns

I've been told by a certain official that there are only 4 firearms holders in Hampshire that have a 6.5x55 on their tickets. I've been told this is incorrect.

If you have a 6.5x55 on your ticket and live in Hampshire please post here.

I've been told by a certain official that there are only 4 firearms holders in Hampshire that have a 6.5x55 on their tickets. I've been told this is incorrect.

I bet the same official couldn,t tell you how many people work in his office,go shooting,:thumb:

I have just sold my Heym 6.5x55 but have a variation in for 6.5x55 and have a special order in for a new Tikka T3x Lite with 22 inch barrel. Oh and yes I am in Hampshire, I am sure there must be more than four in the county. Please note my postal address is Berkshire but my certificate is Hampshire.

Last edited:

why?
on both counts

who would tell you such rubbish and why?
And why do you care?

I have just sold my Heym 6.5x55 but have a variation in for 6.5x55 and have a special order in for a new Tikka T3x Lite with 22 inch barrel. Oh and yes I am in Hampshire, I am sure there must be more than four in the county. Please note my postal address is Berkshire but my certificate is Hampshire.
Thanks Sako, bet you're excited about the Tikka

Something like that. I can explain more soon
Surely they cannot be saying that! The 6.5 has been around for ages, has accounted for many deer, foxes, moose, elk.....
although not as popular as the 308 or the 243 it certainly has its place. For me it kills like a 308 with the mild manners of the 243. Come to Cornwall there are loads here!!

Then these "certain officials" wonder why the shooters have little to no faith in anything they say. I really wonder if they have a factory somewhere and are growing these clones as where else do they find such idiots?

What the hell does that have to do with the price of potatoes?

A/ It is irrelevant
B/ It is misinformed
c/ It is incorrect

Obviously all 6.5 x55 holders have moved over the border into Dorset because we are over-run with them here! Cant move for bumping into a 6.5 x 55 holders!

DT

It's nought to do with spuds! It's a numbers game, I was recently told by a FAL that I couldn't have a 6.5x55 as my permissions were only cleared for .308:doh:,but I could have a 260 or 270:rolleyes:. 6.5 is bigger than .308 therefore much scarier!

Back