Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dbs checks

Dbs checks

What are they?, & What do they consist of?, I am currently a new employee alongside my part time other working, 12/15 hours, of a not for profit charitable organisation, they & I will be in contact with vulnerable children and adults in my new employ of 24 hours, what are the parameters?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Unless you're a person prohibited from working with vulnerable people it just says all convictions and the employer decides if it's a problem.

That's my understanding anyway.

Hiya

They are a check 'within the system' including Police Services, for any reason that thou shalt not be in such a position.

Teachers (including their Partners), Private Hire/Taxi Drivers etc. have to do the same.

A form is filled in, declaration made, fee paid (may not be applicable if Employer is paying, and sent off - comes back few weeks later.

Valid for a few years then repeat.

L

The updated version of the CRB check. As you're an FAC holder I am confident you don't have anything to worry about.

as above ,its less than the police have put you though , I have to have them due to place's I work and only go's to prove your one of the good guys

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Hiya

Teachers (including their Partners), Private Hire/Taxi Drivers etc. have to do the same.
    L
    Teachers partners don't need a DBS check. I'm a teacher and my wife isn't required to have one.

Reference your link and the second bullet point in 1.
    I had to sign a document stating that i had never lived with anyone disqualified from working with children. I didn't think that was a DBS thing, more a school thing but i may be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    Reference your link and the second bullet point in 1.
    I had to sign a document stating that i had never lived with anyone disqualified from working with children. I didn't think that was a DBS thing, more a school thing but i may be wrong.
    Not a DBS thing, but the school don't have a choice as the law mandates it.

I got one, as a Parent Helper with the Cubs. I was worried in case my FAC would interfere with it but it didn't. As someone has already said, if you've got an FAC then the police have already checked you out and you're probably not a bad person(in their eyes!)