Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Successful Evening

A Successful Evening

I was out at one of my permissions this evening sat up in a high seat when this buck presented itself. It was a clean shot at around 100 yards and the beast is now in the chiller for a few days before being butchered. I intend to give the meat to the landowner as he is very generous and although not a shooter, is fascinated by the idea of taking food from his own land. He came out to see the deer where it fell and was very pleased.

If you look closely you can see the animal is half way to having its summer coat and a bit patchy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Dom View Post
    I was out at one of my permissions this evening sat up in a high seat when this buck presented itself. It was a clean shot at around 100 yards and the beast is now in the chiller for a few days before being butchered. I intend to give the meat to the landowner as he is very generous and although not a shooter, is fascinated by the idea of taking food from his own land. He came out to see the deer where it fell and was very pleased.

If you look closely you can see the animal is half way to having its summer coat and a bit patchy!
    Well done, no Roe on any of my ground. Just got in after starting on the cubs.

Tim.243
    Stalking is very much like going to the night club

You can always tell an Essex Boy, just you cant tell him much...

An hour in the field is worth a week of typing trash.....

Nice buck, nice gesture, well done.john

Well done Dom looks a good buck ......... always look after the landowner goes a long way atb .....Neil

Quote Originally Posted by AN DU RU FOX View Post
    well done,
    A man of many words
    Keep on going to the end you never no what's round the corner

Thank you for the comments. He weighed in at 29.46 kg. A nice beast.

That's a big Roe. Was it just head and feet off? Ours in the South Lakes average about half that.

That was the weight of the entire animal, less a fair bit of blood. I weighed it as soon as I got home, prior to gralloching. It had bled a lot, but there was no meat damage. What amazes me is that its heart had been entirely destroyed by the bullet, and yet it ran 50 yards before collapsing and dying.