Thread: CMM-4 or Jet-z?

CMM-4 or Jet-z?

I'm hoping to pick up my new rifle next weekend & would appreciate some advice on moderator choice.

The rifle is a Mauser M12 in 308, it's a fairly light gun so I know the Jet-z would be better from a shootability view but the extra weight would be a disadvantage when carrying the rifle on a stalk.

I'm sure plenty of you have made a similar decision & have some experience of each option, I'd be grateful to hear....

I have both. The CMM is a joy to carry but the Jet-z is far more robust so you have a choice of comfort or longevity.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.

If it's for stalking cmm 4 but if your on a range all day jet z
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory." LLAP Leonard Nimoy 1931 - 2015

Get both - that's the obvious answer that's been staring me in her face - thanks Rob - just got to figure out how to now how spin that one with the wife!? I'm planning to use this for occasional range use but primarily stalking so am swaying to weight saving over robustness. Cheers....

Look at DPT same as cmm4 but better warranty. But be careful you will cook them both quickly in a range.

Quote Originally Posted by Finbarn View Post
    Get both - that's the obvious answer that's been staring me in her face - thanks Rob - just got to figure out how to now how spin that one with the wife!? I'm planning to use this for occasional range use but primarily stalking so am swaying to weight saving over robustness. Cheers....

Never mind the wife, what about the FEO?

David.

Off to the shop in the morning will try both & see how the set up handles with each option. Decision will be made then off to zero ready for next weekends outing

Probably too late as you are probably sorted but I would go for the CMM4 if for stalking use and weight saving. I have both and recommend either but the CMM4 is much lighter and balances the rifle nicely.