Thread: Buying gun parts from the us ?

Buying gun parts from the us ?

I'm thinking of buying some parts for a Cz pistol from the us, it's just springs and possibly a hammer upgrade. My question is can I legally buy these bits and have them shipped to me or am I breaking some sort of law by doing so? The manufacturer has said they will refund me if customs return them to sender but I don't want to get into trouble?? I cannot buy the bits in the uk as no one has pistol parts anymore. And have been quoted 40 postage to get them from a company in Estonia. What to do???

These parts will more than certainly fall under ITAR restrictions - the seller should well know that - and if declared won't make it out of the US.

Best way to get bits from the US is to get someone who is set up already to buy for you - a good start would be either Lantac (Section 5 dealer I believe) or The Suffolk Rifle Company - prepare to pay the goodwill fees though!
    For Gods sake - don't tell her how much I've spent

Ctrl-Alt FACT

I don't know which Cz pistol you need parts for, but I bought a few bits for my Cz85 directly from Cz in the Czech Republic. Shipping isn't cheap from here either though, but it is fast.

CZUB.cz - CZ

What about from Europe then. I have found a europenan supplier who is charging sensible postage rates but once again I don't want to get into trouble. Could it be possible that recoil and springs and a competition hammer would be lisenceable parts?

I always thought parts that take pressure loads / barrels & slide plus parts with serial numbers were the controlled parts.
    But why would you even want them in the (pistol) disarmed UK?

Quote Originally Posted by Bavarianbrit View Post
    I always thought parts that take pressure loads / barrels & slide plus parts with serial numbers were the controlled parts.
    But why would you even want them in the (pistol) disarmed UK?
    I think you can own pistols in N.Ireland.

If the seller is allowed/prepared to send them then you will be fine, as long as you have the correct cz model on your fac
    No issue with bringing spring upgrades etc over, different story with barrels and slides