Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wildlife camera SMTP problems

Wildlife camera SMTP problems

Recently come across a problem in receiving (or not receiving as the case may be) picture messages from the camera via an SMTP service. It turns out there is a new policy in force with most web mail providers where they will outright reject any email sent via an SMTP service when is senses it is not from the email address it is saying it is. Has anyone found a solution to this perhaps in the settings of the receiving email account?
    Deer Stalking. Training and Courses. Deer Stalking Certificate Level 1, Training and Witnessing for the Level 2 Assessment.
    www.deercentral.co.uk

Ref your SMTP problems.
    Could this website be of any use to you?

Ron Bury's Wildlife: Using GPRS/SMTP with Ltl Acorn Trail Cameras

Thanks but no. Ron doesn't have a solution for this yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Deer Stalking. Training and Courses. Deer Stalking Certificate Level 1, Training and Witnessing for the Level 2 Assessment.
    www.deercentral.co.uk

Hi TacB,
    have you got anywhere with this, my ltl Acorn stopped sending pictures a month ago for no reason, last picture showed full battery. Could this be the problem you describe? Haven't been able to get down there yet and don't want to go without a solution as it's two hours away.

Quote Originally Posted by liongeorge View Post
    Hi TacB,
    have you got anywhere with this, my ltl Acorn stopped sending pictures a month ago for no reason, last picture showed full battery. Could this be the problem you describe? Haven't been able to get down there yet and don't want to go without a solution as it's two hours away.
    Its likely. I use SMTP2Go for sending the email. If you have a setting within the account for sending a duplicate auditing email to an email address try putting one in. For some inexplicable reason the email service provider will allow the auditing email to be received but not the original.
    www.deercentral.co.uk

I'm sending gmail to gmail. I'll have a look and see if I can do the duplicate thing , thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackleberry270 View Post
    Recently come across a problem in receiving (or not receiving as the case may be) picture messages from the camera via an SMTP service. It turns out there is a new policy in force with most web mail providers where they will outright reject any email sent via an SMTP service when is senses it is not from the email address it is saying it is. Has anyone found a solution to this perhaps in the settings of the receiving email account?
    I have had this problem. I use SMTP2GO to get round it.

Quote Originally Posted by nicowilson View Post
    I have had this problem. I use SMTP2GO to get round it.
    How?
    www.deercentral.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Tackleberry270 View Post
    How?
    I use SMTP2GO as my outgoing mail server for a domain that I own . Then I have an SPF record in the DNS records for my domain that says that it's OK to accept email sent via SMTP2GO. Any mail server that I try to send email to can check the SPF record and see that SMTP2GO is a legitimate sender of email from my domain.

Quote Originally Posted by nicowilson View Post
    I use SMTP2GO as my outgoing mail server for a domain that I own . Then I have an SPF record in the DNS records for my domain that says that it's OK to accept email sent via SMTP2GO. Any mail server that I try to send email to can check the SPF record and see that SMTP2GO is a legitimate sender of email from my domain.
    To clarify (as i'm not a IT person!) Does this give the SMTP sent email some kind of pass code that is used to show it is authentic to the receiving email address(s) ?

.. I assume this is something that is done when you have a domain linked email address? Can it be done with the mainstream email providers?

.... I have a domain and the facility for email but I would rather use gmail.
    www.deercentral.co.uk