Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Wildlife camera SMTP problems

  1. #1

    Wildlife camera SMTP problems

    Recently come across a problem in receiving (or not receiving as the case may be) picture messages from the camera via an SMTP service. It turns out there is a new policy in force with most web mail providers where they will outright reject any email sent via an SMTP service when is senses it is not from the email address it is saying it is. Has anyone found a solution to this perhaps in the settings of the receiving email account?
    Deer Stalking. Training and Courses. Deer Stalking Certificate Level 1, Training and Witnessing for the Level 2 Assessment.
    www.deercentral.co.uk

  2. #2
    Ref your SMTP problems.
    Could this website be of any use to you?

    Ron Bury's Wildlife: Using GPRS/SMTP with Ltl Acorn Trail Cameras

  3. #3
    Thanks but no. Ron doesn't have a solution for this yet.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Deer Stalking. Training and Courses. Deer Stalking Certificate Level 1, Training and Witnessing for the Level 2 Assessment.
    www.deercentral.co.uk

  4. #4
    Hi TacB,
    have you got anywhere with this, my ltl Acorn stopped sending pictures a month ago for no reason, last picture showed full battery. Could this be the problem you describe? Haven't been able to get down there yet and don't want to go without a solution as it's two hours away.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by liongeorge View Post
    Hi TacB,
    have you got anywhere with this, my ltl Acorn stopped sending pictures a month ago for no reason, last picture showed full battery. Could this be the problem you describe? Haven't been able to get down there yet and don't want to go without a solution as it's two hours away.
    Its likely. I use SMTP2Go for sending the email. If you have a setting within the account for sending a duplicate auditing email to an email address try putting one in. For some inexplicable reason the email service provider will allow the auditing email to be received but not the original.
    Deer Stalking. Training and Courses. Deer Stalking Certificate Level 1, Training and Witnessing for the Level 2 Assessment.
    www.deercentral.co.uk

  6. #6
    I'm sending gmail to gmail. I'll have a look and see if I can do the duplicate thing , thanks.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackleberry270 View Post
    Recently come across a problem in receiving (or not receiving as the case may be) picture messages from the camera via an SMTP service. It turns out there is a new policy in force with most web mail providers where they will outright reject any email sent via an SMTP service when is senses it is not from the email address it is saying it is. Has anyone found a solution to this perhaps in the settings of the receiving email account?
    I have had this problem. I use SMTP2GO to get round it.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by nicowilson View Post
    I have had this problem. I use SMTP2GO to get round it.
    How?
    Deer Stalking. Training and Courses. Deer Stalking Certificate Level 1, Training and Witnessing for the Level 2 Assessment.
    www.deercentral.co.uk

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackleberry270 View Post
    How?
    I use SMTP2GO as my outgoing mail server for a domain that I own . Then I have an SPF record in the DNS records for my domain that says that it's OK to accept email sent via SMTP2GO. Any mail server that I try to send email to can check the SPF record and see that SMTP2GO is a legitimate sender of email from my domain.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by nicowilson View Post
    I use SMTP2GO as my outgoing mail server for a domain that I own . Then I have an SPF record in the DNS records for my domain that says that it's OK to accept email sent via SMTP2GO. Any mail server that I try to send email to can check the SPF record and see that SMTP2GO is a legitimate sender of email from my domain.
    To clarify (as i'm not a IT person!) Does this give the SMTP sent email some kind of pass code that is used to show it is authentic to the receiving email address(s) ?

    .. I assume this is something that is done when you have a domain linked email address? Can it be done with the mainstream email providers?

    .... I have a domain and the facility for email but I would rather use gmail.
    Deer Stalking. Training and Courses. Deer Stalking Certificate Level 1, Training and Witnessing for the Level 2 Assessment.
    www.deercentral.co.uk

Similar Threads

  1. Maginon Wildlife camera repair
    By Cyres in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-03-2016, 15:26
  2. Aldi and lidl wildlife camera
    By monty in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 15-06-2015, 18:25
  3. Wanted Wanted Maginon (Aldi) Wildlife camera
    By willowbank in forum Deer Stalking Equipment
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 29-10-2013, 18:05
  4. Aldi Wildlife camera
    By JC43 in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 20-06-2013, 12:20
  5. Night Vision and Wildlife Camera Clearance Items
    By Scott Country in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 15-05-2012, 14:59

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •