Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sako Quad 22 LR stoppages

Sako Quad 22 LR stoppages

Good morning everyone,

So I have an issue. My Sako Quad 22 LR fails to remove every empty case when shooting and quite frankly it's driving me insane.

i have filed the ejection claw and that worked for a minute or so.

Any ideas?

kind regards, Jason

Clean the chamber and throat well as bullet lube can build up and grab the cases.

And the little cut out in the chamber where the extractor claw sits when the bolt is closed. You might well have crud in there and also under the extractor so it doesn't seat properly around the rim.

Quote Originally Posted by jasey81 View Post
    Good morning everyone,

So I have an issue. My Sako Quad 22 LR fails to remove every empty case when shooting and quite frankly it's driving me insane.

i have filed the ejection claw and that worked for a minute or so.

Any ideas?

kind regards, Jason
    I have known 2 others with the same problem and after months of b@gg£ring about solved it by replacing the rifle with a C.Z.
    Tusker

Quote Originally Posted by tusker View Post
    I have known 2 others with the same problem and after months of b@gg£ring about solved it by replacing the rifle with a C.Z.
    Tusker
    I had a brand new one with same problem, GMK changed the extractor for the mk 2 version and sent two cleaning rods down. Advising the claw had been changed and if you clean the first bit of the bore after five shots that will cure it or we can lap the bore out but that may effect the accuracy, they got that back as unfit for purpose and I now have all weihrauch rimfires all of which work perfectly

the quad 22 WMR worked faultlessly the LR was a 100% pile of c#%p.

I had the same problem with mine , I also filed the extractor but it didn't help so i took it to a gunsmith. He removed a little metal from the extractor slot in the barrel which fixed it.
    I must of fired 2 or 3 thousand rounds since without a single failure.

Quality manufacture then?

My Finnfire has a similar problem, but ONLY with unfired rounds!
    To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

its a consequence of designing one claw to fit two sizes of rim
    easy fix if you get it done properly
    did mine myself and have not had a single failed to extract since

the barrel groove for the extractor and the claw profile are the spots to file
    not a lot
    you are trying to get a sharper claw profile and more travel than the groove in the barrel end will allow

Sako Quad Extractor claw modification

This is a known issue with this model. It should be sent back and the angle on the claw sharpened under warranty. Have done it my self and had about 10,000 rounds since and never had anymore extraction issues. Don't put up with changing your choice of ammo or listening to someone tell you to clean it better. It's a FAULT, get it fixed.
    Blaser K95 Stutzen - the ultimate deer stalking rifle