Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scottish Air Rifle Amnesty

Scottish Air Rifle Amnesty

Thousands of air weapons handed in across Scotland - BBC News

I just want it to be known that I am happy to take any Weihrauch rifles from anyone in the north-east, or any good quality PCPs of any make, just to save you the trip to the cop shop. Always happy to help

Perhaps the money they raise when they auction them off will help keep licensing fees down........

(Well, it's a nice idea, anyway).

[QUOTE=VSS;1122445]Perhaps the money they raise when they auction them off will help keep licensing fees down........

/QUOTE] they will only auction off the ones friends and family don't want .

Anything handed in goes in the crusher. Its such a shame as ibe seen lovely rifles and even some very nice old shotguns all just chopped up.

If you were looking for a definition of 'pointless activity' ......I think we have one

An amnesty is a fixed period of time during which people are not punished for committing a particular crime. Airgun owners are not, currently, committing a crime so using the term "amnesty" is inappropriate and pejorative .

Quote Originally Posted by Chanty Wrassler View Post
    An amnesty is a fixed period of time during which people are not punished for committing a particular crime. Airgun owners are not, currently, committing a crime so using the term "amnesty" is inappropriate and pejorative .
    Since when has the truth ever bothered Politcians? In fact we have to wonder if they would reconise the truth if they came across it?

As the main reason for the new legislation was due to a child being killed in 2005, I wonder if they are having a amnesty for car owners to hand in there cars as 200 were killed in 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Taff View Post
    As the main reason for the new legislation was due to a child being killed in 2005, I wonder if they are having a amnesty for car owners to hand in there cars as 200 were killed in 2014
    May I just correct that statement: ..............................

As the main excuse for the new legislation was due to a child being killed in 2005, I wonder if they are having a amnesty for car owners to hand in there cars as 200 were killed in 2014.

That is not a reason it is just an excuse to futher curtail the ownership of guns. More children are probably likked on playground equipment each year but that does not suit the antis and their agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Chanty Wrassler View Post
    Police scotland view anyone with a firearm as a criminal, in my experience!
    To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.