Thread: lightforce 170

lightforce 170

Hi, yesterday i went to park up and walk the dog and noticed my roof lamp on, When i went to switch it off i felt the handle very hot so started to panic like i thought it would go on fire, the switch would not work so i popped the bonnet and cut the live to the battery, Now am just wondering if this has happend to any member and is it an easy fix or not?
    Regards Neil

Not happened to me but presumably it had been on for a long time - all day maybe?
    I'd simply fit a new off switch and a smaller inline fuse.
    If it had been on for hours, with typical foxing bulbs, it would be incandescent - well almost.

Cheers, do you get spare switches for these?

Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post
    Cheers, do you get spare switches for these?
    Try the makers and suggest its a fault - or try e-bay
    lightforce switch | eBay

Hope you get it fixed !

I had the same thing happen a few years ago ! Mine had actually started smouldering and it was a bit of red glowing black plastic that I saw falling down . It was put down to a corroded switch and luckily it hasn't happened again .

Ps, I have two switches on order from Sloans at the moment (the round button type) I can give you a call when they come in if you like ?

Quote Originally Posted by 2434me View Post
    I had the same thing happen a few years ago ! Mine had actually started smouldering and it was a bit of red glowing black plastic that I saw falling down . It was put down to a corroded switch and luckily it hasn't happened again .

Ps, I have two switches on order from Sloans at the moment (the round button type) I can give you a call when they come in if you like ?
    Cheers mate, sorry never got back sooner just back from hols, got one on order Bushwear.
    Regards Neil