Central Scotland FAC waiting times?

Beretta shooter

Evening folks,
Has anyone recently applied for a FAC with central Scotland force?
I sent my FAC application/SGC renewal in around 6-7 weeks ago but not heard a peep about my visit etc and my referees haven't heard anything either, cheque was cashed within the first week tho. How long should I wait before contacting them to ask? Don't want to hastle them but eager to get the ball rolling and can't stop looking at rifle packages etc :norty:.

Cheers BS

If you are in the or l&b area expect a long wait, if you are in Strathclyde then they have less of a backlog. My FAC grant and coterminus sgc renewal took 7 month from l&b

That's not ideal at all :eek: its central that deal with mine (Stirlingshire) I might just give them a little call at the end of the week if I don't hear anything, Shotguns out middle of July so don't want to be without that.

Decided to just give them a call today to make sure everything was OK, spoke to a very nice lady on the phone who gave me the officer dealing with its name and said she would email to "chase him up" she did seem quite surprised I hadn't yet had a visit from him tho. She also quoted when my SGC expired and seemed quite confident that I would have my renewal in time so fingers crossed.

Decided to just give them a call today to make sure everything was OK, spoke to a very nice lady on the phone who gave me the officer dealing with its name and said she would email to "chase him up" she did seem quite surprised I hadn't yet had a visit from him tho. She also quoted when my SGC expired and seemed quite confident that I would have my renewal in time so fingers crossed.

One of the reasons you may have not had a visit yet is that it's a uniformed officer that attends now for your renewal or first application. In the glory days before the creation of Police Scotland it was largely dedicated civilian staff that carried this out. Now the officer assigned to your case will also be a front line officer expected to fit in Firearms Licensing committments together with responding to calls and other associated duties not connected with licensing.

ATB.

One of the reasons you may have not had a visit yet is that it's a uniformed officer that attends now for your renewal or first application. In the glory days before the creation of Police Scotland it was largely dedicated civilian staff that carried this out. Now the officer assigned to your case will also be a front line officer expected to fit in Firearms Licensing committments together with responding to calls and other associated duties not connected with licensing.

ATB.

Ahh I see, it was Norman Linch that's used to visit me. Seems madness that it's an officer that's uninformed that deals with its it now. I would have thought having someone with a back ground in shooting/firearms would have been a more sensible option. Hopfully the chap will be in touch soon and the woman I spoke to will remind him of when my SGC runs out so he can speed things up slightly.

My FAC/SGC are in the process of renewal as we speak.
I was contacted (phoned) by Glenrothes in late June.
letter arrived one Week later explaining latest procedures.
Early July received a phone call to arrange home visit.
18th July home visit complete. No issues.
The officer was polite, refused T, explained that he had a deadline to complete my home visit.
So far, so good.
Yesterday I noticed that I hadn't requested a moderator to accompany the new .17HMR I asked for.
Phoned Glenrothes and spoke to a very helpful lady.
She asked me to send an email requesting it to be added.
Concidering my Certificate is not due for renewal until the end of September, I am very happy with the process so far.
By the way, I was not asked to return my current certificate with my application.

My certificates arrived in plenty of time. No problems.
But, I have just received a letter from my GP telling me that the next time I renew they will have to charge me a £10 fee.

Back