Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: south west boar

south west boar

i have my 30th coming up in december and the wife has asked what i would like, and i wouldnt mind my 1st boar. what i would like to know is what sort of money would i be talking about in and around the west country? (im not after a medal) also what are the minimum calibers needed, i shoot .308 and would really want to use my own rifle. im not looking to book anything yet so please dont bombard me with offers as i dont want to waste your time just after a ruff price

IanF (on here) is the man to talk to.

Brian

speak to ian f he will sort you out
    pete .

Here is a previous post Ian put on here, I,ve been out with Ian on the deer defore and had few good days. I'm also thinking of having a go an the boar as well....

http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...highlight=ianf

thankyou chaps i will contact ian seems a good enough deal i must admit, i like the fact that he has put all the prices out on the table before you even start and that is what im after once again many thanks

I was quoted 120 pounds per outing last week near Peasmarch in East Sussex (they say you can hear someone humming "let it be, or sometimes elanor rigby" in the background apparantly).
    Martin

"I was quoted 120 pounds per outing last week near Peasmarch in East Sussex "

Who was this with ?

ATB Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Bavarianbrit View Post
    I was quoted 120 pounds per outing last week near Peasmarch in East Sussex (they say you can hear someone humming "let it be, or sometimes elanor rigby" in the background apparantly).
    Martin
    yes i wouldnt mind knowing who thats with as well

thanks

dan

Hello,
    It was a Francis Briley I saw the number in a Shooting Times article so I called him and had a nice chat, seems OK to me. Pm me if you want his number.
    I was staying with a girl friend in 1987 near Peasmarch when the great escape happened after the storm and there was lots of talk then about them, I moved on from her and lost touch with the news.
    Look at the reproduction rates of undisturbed boar on the net and then imagine a farmers field after a visit, maybe we should charge them for the service, Ha.
    Martin

I live just round the corner and have seen the mess they make !!

atb Steve