Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UK made copper remover

UK made copper remover

I've read on here about a UK made high quality copper remover, but can't find the name anymore. Is it as good as said ?
    Where can I find it? A company that sends products out of the UK

The stuff that you are probably thinking of is called C2R you can get it from Dave at the shooting shed. C2R Copper/Carbon Remover 250ml, Shooting SHED

I've been using it for about 18 months and find it every bit as good as wipe out if not better but I can't get used to the idea of using patches soaked in water to wipe it out after it has done it's job. The wet patches are of course followed by numerous dry patches to remove any traces of moisture.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

SD Regular
    North yorkshire/sometimes down south and occasionally further north
    Peter Jackson of Jackson rifles had one years ago called jackos bore scrubber.... it was and still is the best stuff I've ever used! I don't know if he still does it as I still have my original bottle because a little goes a long long long way!!

i use butches bore shine or shooters choice from day to day and they both are great,but every now and again i leave c2r up there for 24 hours just to check all is well .but not whilst its this hot because in my head it just dries out to fast.

Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    The stuff that you are probably thinking of is called C2R you can get it from Dave at the shooting shed. C2R Copper/Carbon Remover 250ml, Shooting SHED

I've been using it for about 18 months and find it every bit as good as wipe out if not better but I can't get used to the idea of using patches soaked in water to wipe it out after it has done it's job. The wet patches are of course followed by numerous dry patches to remove any traces of moisture.
    Thanks, that's the one.

About water in the barrel. Don't worry. In an old Rigby catalogue, from pre chemical times, I saw a funnel used for boiling out barrels. The funnel had an angled tube wich went in the chamber/barrel through the ejection port of a bolt action rifle. In those times they put boiling water through the barrel to remove all possible dirt,powder, .....

Would drying with a compressor not be a solution. Blowing cold air through the barrel for some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hales Smut View Post
    Thanks, that's the one.

About water in the barrel. Don't worry. In an old Rigby catalogue, from pre chemical times, I saw a funnel used for boiling out barrels. The funnel had an angled tube wich went in the chamber/barrel through the ejection port of a bolt action rifle. In those times they put boiling water through the barrel to remove all possible dirt,powder, .....

Would drying with a compressor not be a solution. Blowing cold air through the barrel for some time.

Boiling water was used to neutralise the corrosive deposits from early primers.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

The other thing is that after you have poured a reasonable amount of boiling water down the barrel it is pretty hot and dries really fast.

David.

Thinking of the old boiling out process has always reassured me whenever I have been reluctant to swab out the C2R using damp patches. I have always been meticulous in drying the bore but just the same I found a very fine dusting of rust in one of my rifle barrels the other day, a rifle that I hadn't shot for a month or so. Perhaps I hadn't been as meticulous as I thought. I then discovered on the U.K. fullbore website that others had experienced the same and were recommending the after scrub oil produced by the same company as the solution.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

I tried C2R after reading reports about it performance and seeing the promotion on Shooting Shed. I bought the recommended oil at the same time.
    Having tried it I am very impressed with the trace amounts of copper it removes after you have carried out your normal cleaning regime.
    I also had the same reservations about the water residue. Even after an overly thorough swabbing and application of the oil I kept checking every couple of days for the "brown curse of death", but none showed.
    I am well impressed with its performance.

I use the S.African equivalent, M98 bore cleaner and it works very well.....when I clean my rifles, that is.