Hi from Wirral

Samarith

Greetings all,

My name is Chris, male, age 46 and based on the Wirral. Previous firearms experience was around 30 years ago with some handgun and rifle shooting.

I'm most likely 'jumping the gun' (pun intended for my sins), as I just recently started the switch from bow and crossbow, back to firearms.

At the moment I'm taking shotgun lessons and waiting on my Section 2 application; whilst also waiting for a membership opening in a local rifle club.

Clearly I am a ways from having the skills required for hunting (especially deer stalking). However, I feel it's worthwhile to get to know the community and the opportunity to shadow (watch not shoot) an experienced hand might present itself.

I've also started to try and make connections with farmers in the area, in order to understand the correct way to go about introducing yourself and asking for shooting permission. It should fill the expected 4 month wait for my shotgun license; that plus lessons, hopefully a rifle club spot, BASC insurance and rather importantly the skill to dispatch an animal humanely.

This all leads up to my goal of 'stalk to fork' venison.

Any questions, just ask!!

Cheers,
Chris

Welcome! check out Servicing Stop as they fix anything and everything to do with cars and have a brilliant service, they pick your car up, fix it and drop it back off! Plus 50% off your service! :D

Thanks for the warm welcome all.

Slowly browsing my way through the existing posts trying to soak up as much as I can. Lot of great info.

Back