Thread: Petition 10,000 signatures - more needed

Petition 10,000 signatures - more needed

Just a bit of a return to an old topic. The petition to prevent the implementation of clause 81 stands at 10k.
    We had a debate on here and a select few seemed to think that Clause 81 offered no threat to shooters. All the shooting organisations are not fired up on this topic and dont see a threat, perhaps nothing unusual in that. However, those who read this clause suggest it will allow the police to make the law WRT shooting. 10K shooters believe that is true. As usual we have no concensus and with no concensus we will be overruled so, if you have time, look again at the threads on here and elsewhere about this pernicious clause. It will be too late shortly and another restriction will have been passed due to a lack of focus by shooters and shooting orgs alike. BASC can hardly be blamed this time since their focus will be 'in house'. However if all members can encourage their shooting orgs to support the petition we would be well over the parliamentary debate threshold. In this, 'I told you so', would be pointless - it would be too late.
    The government's response: https://petition.par...al_response=yes

I got the response as well - to say I was not enthralled by it would be an understatement!

Done - thank you for hi-lighting
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

Done. Thank you.

Signed, this isn't just about clause 81 but could set a precedent for the future, not necessarily about just shooting either.

Chatting with a 'person who I think of as someone I met' ( paraphrase Arnold Rimmer - swanky salute ) who works with the various Wildlife Trusts - they'd expect 25,000 signatures in 6-12 hours of a simple e mail alert - no matter what the topic.

Proclaimers tune to our mutual fade out - 'what do you do when minority means YOU'?
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

We need BASC, NGO,CA et al to endorse this PDQ