Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bushnel legend ultra - true mildot range

Bushnel legend ultra - true mildot range

I promise I have spent ages searching for this answer and even contacted bushnel (UK).

Does anyone know at what zoom the bushnel legend 4-15x44 is at true mildot. I assume it is full zoom but I know some scope are X10.

Thanks

I think it's 10 I have the same scope and I always thought it was 10. I'm pretty sure the elites are 10 also. Hope this helps but wouldn't put my wages in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    I think it's 10 I have the same scope and I always thought it was 10. I'm pretty sure the elites are 10 also. Hope this helps but wouldn't put my wages in it.
    Oh, that just made me more confused. Sadly the manual is pointless and there isn't anything I can find with hours on Google.

Put a 10cm grid on paper, and at suitable range zoom in and out till the dot spacing on the reticle matches the spacing of the lines on the grid; simples

Jamie

I had the same question about some Bushnell mildot scopes I owned and couldn't find a definitive answer anywhere so I checked them using the attached, very simple to do and spot on.

Instructions on how to print and use the targets are on the last page (it's very important to make sure the 150mm line at the bottom actually measures 150mm and you get it right by adjusting the size of the document you print - 70%, 80%, 90%, 100%, 110% or whatever until the line measures 150mm) .

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HFT-Ranged-Mildot-Zeroing-Targets.pdf 
Views:	34 
Size:	56.7 KB 
ID:	70932

Most of the higher power Bushnell scopes are calibrated for the mil dots at 12x.
    The normal is 10x for the military, but they use a lot of fixed power 10x scopes.

On a variable power scope, the calibration power should be marked. On the Bushnells, it is usually in red.
    A mil radian is 1/6400th of a circle, which works out to 1 yard at 1,000 yards or 1 meter at 1000 meters.
    Some scopes come with MOA turrets; others come with milrad turrets.

Once you are set on the right power, the space between the dots = 3.6 inches at 100 yards, or 10 cm (4.0 inches ) at 100 meters.

If you have a variable power scope, you can figure out a different set of MOA or Mrad for different powers.
    For example, if calibration is at 10x, at 9x the spacing measures 4.0 inches at 100 yards. At 5x, the spacing measures 7.2 inches at 100 yards. It is better to just set it on the calibration power and range from there.

Hi Southern,I take it this is a sfp scope and a ffp scope the spacing stays the same ,what ever mag.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern View Post
    Most of the higher power Bushnell scopes are calibrated for the mil dots at 12x.
    The normal is 10x for the military, but they use a lot of fixed power 10x scopes.

On a variable power scope, the calibration power should be marked. On the Bushnells, it is usually in red.
    A mil radian is 1/6400th of a circle, which works out to 1 yard at 1,000 yards or 1 meter at 1000 meters.
    Some scopes come with MOA turrets; others come with milrad turrets.

Once you are set on the right power, the space between the dots = 3.6 inches at 100 yards, or 10 cm (4.0 inches ) at 100 meters.

If you have a variable power scope, you can figure out a different set of MOA or Mrad for different powers.
    For example, if calibration is at 10x, at 9x the spacing measures 4.0 inches at 100 yards. At 5x, the spacing measures 7.2 inches at 100 yards. It is better to just set it on the calibration power and range from there.
    I've only seen 1 Bushnell variable power scope where the true calibration is marked in red and I've owned dozens of them over the years.

I have two Bushnell 6500 Elites and the mil dots are correct at x10 and that is marked in red on the zoom ring.

Making a target with lines equal to the mildot spacing at a specific range and then adjusting the zoom until the mildots match the line spacing seems to be an eminently sensible idea

Cheers

Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by mealiejimmy View Post
    I have two Bushnell 6500 Elites and the mil dots are correct at x10 and that is marked in red on the zoom ring.

Making a target with lines equal to the mildot spacing at a specific range and then adjusting the zoom until the mildots match the line spacing seems to be an eminently sensible idea

Cheers

Bruce
    same here
    .22lr, .22lr .222, .223, .243, .270, .308 , 12g fac, 12g, 12g, 12g, 12g
    and still growing.....