Thread: New style EFP

New style EFP

Has anybody else come across the new style European FP ?
    I have just had mine tidied up to make it clearer for booking my winter trips and have come away with a new EFP the same format as my FC.
    It is much easier to photo copy as your details, the EFP No, the issuing authority, expiry date and the relevent firearm details are all on an A4 size sheet of paper.

So now my tidy little EFP will need a larger wallet (A4)? When mine is due up��
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Never yet been asked for mine when travelling, only interested in my British FAC

I travelled regularly into Norway through Bergen airport with rifles. All that the receiving Norwegian official was interested in was my European passport. He would ask me how long the weapon would be in Norway and issue a permit to suit. Very simple and easy process.

Returning to the UK through Aberdeen was similar, quick check against my FAC which I had of course with me as well and off you go.

No dramas going either way to Scandanavia at all. May have changed now but that is only back to around 2009 to 2012.

French side of Eurotunnel the armed plod wanted every piece of paper!, once they realised Ah, Chasseurs, OK!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by TH4 View Post
    Never yet been asked for mine when travelling, only interested in my British FAC
    Do you travel out of UK ?
    I am quite widely travelled around the EU and have always been asked for my EFP, obviously not when flying out but on landing it has been essential.
    It is also, usually, needed to acquire a hunting licence in the country you are visiting.