Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 375 Ruger

375 Ruger

A cautionary tale.
    A friend bought a rifle in 375 Ruger. After waiting over a year for his rifle of choice he is unable to find anyone who can supply him with ammo. He's had the rifle around 6 months and it's yet to see a single round down the barrel.
    Be careful what you wish for .....

Quote Originally Posted by MarkT View Post
    A cautionary tale.
    A friend bought a rifle in 375 Ruger. After waiting over a year for his rifle of choice he is unable to find anyone who can supply him with ammo. He's had the rifle around 6 months and it's yet to see a single round down the barrel.
    I thought the 375 had already been invented over a 100 years ago.

Why anyone would be surprised that they couldn't fed a 375 Ruger in the UK with factory ammo is a mystery to me.
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

375 Ruger isn't the same as 375 H & H. The second is a world renowned classic and the first isn't.

David.

A cautionary tale.
    Tell him to get off his butt and start reloading. Brass and dies are available, even if he has to wait a couple of months to get them from the US. I think 1967Spud here has brass in stock.

A cautionary tale.
    This is the .375 Ruger Compact Magnum - .375 RCM, companion to the .338 RCM.

The only source I could find (3 loadings from Hornady) was on the January price list from Hannams. 65 for 20.
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

Quote Originally Posted by takbok View Post
    Tell him to get off his butt and start reloading. Brass and dies are available, even if he has to wait a couple of months to get them from the US. I think 1967Spud here has brass in stock.
    +1 for the above, reloading is the only way to go
    Ray

I have a few friends that own 375 Rugers , loaded ammo can be a bit scarce even around here . It's a good round , but time will tell if it lasts that long . If I owned one , I'd take the previously mentioned advise . Start reloading , and stock up on brass , a lot of it . Like a lot of other recently developed cartridges , it might not be to long before brass becomes unavailable , IMHO .

AB

Some of the replies seem a little harsh . As for reloading, I have spent a lot of time on his behalf trying to find brass, as has he.
    As I said it's a cautionary tale . Sometimes no matter how good a cartridge may be doesn't mean it'll be popular or easily available.

SD Regular
    On the banks of the Columbia River, Portland OR. USA
    I can't recall ever seeing any loaded rounds for it over here. I have seen the empty brass but no loaded ammo. I'm betting this round will go the way of the dodo bird.

I know where there about 5 sets of RCBS dies on the shelf. The price was reduced. Reduced again. Halved. Then 40% off of the lowest price on the tag.... I'm waiting til they will give me a few bucks to haul them out before I show an interest. Our Trading post still has a Number 1 in 375 Ruger. Even in this land of moose, grizzly bear and big elk nobody cares. The OP's buddy should have researched that one a bit before buying. I have an acquaintance with a Lazzeroni WARBIRD (or some such beast) sitting in a closet for lack of ammunition. He didn't think that one through either.~Muir