Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Poachers on our patch

Cool Poachers on our patch

2 poachers caught shooting a buck on our patch in Dumfries and Galloway this morning. They were in a blue and grey L200. They took the shot on 40 mtrs from our stalker from the bonnet of their car on the main road. The lads caught them and informed the police who are enthusiastically pursuing the case.
    With luck they will lose their FAC's for discharging their firearm from the public highway.

That's a good result, although you'd have thought they would have gone for the more serious charges of armed tresspass (bullet discharged onto land without consent) and the actual poaching itself. As far as I'm aware, discharging a firearm on a public highway is only an offence if you cause obstruction or alarm to users of the highway?

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by dodgyrog View Post
    2 poachers caught shooting a buck on our patch in Dumfries and Galloway this morning. They were in a blue and grey L200. They took the shot on 40 mtrs from our stalker from the bonnet of their car on the main road. The lads caught them and informed the police who are enthusiastically pursuing the case.
    With luck they will lose their FAC's for discharging their firearm from the public highway.
    Here`s hoping the law does it`s job and throws the book at the thieving scum.
    basil.
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

csl is correct dodgyrod if you get your mate to phone the cops and say he was really upset buy the discharge from the highway that will have an effect .It is not an offence unless it is on to some one elses ground. Did they get the buck and were they caught with it. etc keep us informed.

Regular Poster
    We had terible problems with them, poachers, in the late 80s in galloway. what we realy need is after thay are proven guilty is a name and shame campain,

You cant name them until thay have been prosicuted ,but after you can let the comunity know how the thieving gits are, ( as long as you dont infringe there human rights ) my god i get pissed of off all the pis arssing aroun the bloody little villans . AAARRRGGGHHH.

rant over.

Dry Powder.

Barry.

I'd give Griff a call and 'whisper' their identities in his ear. It's his patch and he'll likely know of them.....he may even be able to shed more light on their activities.

What about being in posession of a loaded firearm in a public place? A public road has got to be a public place hasn't it?
    I was under the impression that the "causes obstruction or alarm" applied to shooting closer than 50 ft from the center of a road (the shooter still on private land) and shooting on or near a footpath that runs over private land.
    They must be committing an offence when their bullet crosses on to land where they have no permission surely??????

You can shoot fro the centre of a public road as long as it dose not upset any one but the bullet must be going on to your land thats a hard one to prove. Discarging a fire arm in a public place would certainly be an offence but you would need to up set the public.

Regular Poster
    Blog Entries
    yo rodger hows you doing, aye it was a fun packed weekend. 101% to d&g police & wildlife officer for their very quick responce & help with the matter, spent all morning giving statement so the drive-by poachers they are bang to rights. plus who in their right mind does what they did says they have stalking rights argues the fact then speeds off at high speed swerving so i cant get their reg, fair enough if you over step your boundries by mistake, if new on the ground and away from the public eye & you bump into a fellow stalker a simple intro and you do know your on our ground and show them were they have went wrong have a bit crack etc but driving at 3.50am through the heart of dumfries & galloway on a public highway slam on brakes and jump out vehicle within seconds with a rifle with 1 in the breach get on the bonnet take a shot at a deer that they must not have had time to identify sex & knowingly known that they were poaching theirs no excuse christ our sport is under the microscope already with recent events down cumbria, i always look on the bright side and that it was me their and not a passing member of the public to witness these very idiotic actions, here is a tip to every stalker/shooter out their most mobile phones now have cameras use them also try to carry a pen & paper you never know when you will need it also were ever you shoot/stalk contact your local police station & find out your point of contact for anything you see that just aint right and report it we all need to keep our sport safe from the anti's & poachers... hope your ok rodger good to see you up clatteringshaws the other week, hope to see you soon mate calum.......

Quote Originally Posted by csl View Post
    TAs far as I'm aware, discharging a firearm on a public highway is only an offence if you cause obstruction or alarm to users of the highway?Alex
    Yes.
    KevinF -