Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Posts Moved from the BASC AGM Thread

Posts Moved from the BASC AGM Thread

Alex

Seeing as its a "polite request".

"but at the length truth will out". Merchant of Venice.

CSL While you are Admin and quite right to edit posts as you see fit dont you think your being a bit of fool if you think that by stating the site doesn't want anti BASC sentiment etc . Quote Admin (I would also like to submit that the continual negative and cynical attitude towards BASC and it's representatives is part of the general problem. I really don't know what there is to achieve from it, other than propagating some kind of self fulfilling prophecy. Undermining and trying to subvert members trust in elected representatives who are actively trying to drive change for the better serves no purpose whatsoever and is, quite frankly, unwelcome on this forum ).
    It is very important that all members of a site get there say and every organisation should be there to be praised and criticized as there members see fit. No organisation should every try and avoid negative or positive criticism because that's how they know what there members want. Sites like this have a responsibility to be neutral and so do its Admin and only voice a personal opinion not a site one if all are agreed. This unless i am mistaken is an open site not a branch of BASC. iT WAS ONLY A FEW DAYS AGO THAT BDS TOOK A HIT FROM MEMBERS and thats how it should be.
    Last edited by 6pointer; 13-06-2010 at 18:09. Reason: Bad Language

Quote Originally Posted by Choc View Post
    CSL While you are Admin and quite right to edit posts as you see fit dont you think your being a bit of nob end if you think that by stating the site doesn't want anti BASC sentiment etc . Quote Admin (......).
    It is very important that all members of a site get there say and every organisation should be there to be praised and criticized as there members see fit. No organisation should every try and avoid negative or positive criticism because that's how they know what there members want. Sites like this have a responsibility to be neutral and so do its Admin and only voice a personal opinion not a site one if all are agreed. This unless i am mistaken is an open site not a branch of BASC. iT WAS ONLY A FEW DAYS AGO THAT BDS TOOK A HIT FROM MEMBERS and thats how it should be.
    Hi choc,

Please re-read my post. I am not trying to stifle people's opinion, so long as it is done constructively. My post was referring to the messages that have been removed that were blatantly trying to discredit the election due to lack of numbers and were inferring that a recently elected representative stood for election for non-altruistic reasons. That simply wasn't on and hence were removed.

The posts expressing a general opinion backed up with some kind of reasoning have been left well alone.

If that makes me a 'nob end' then so be it.

Good day!

Alex
    Last edited by csl; 13-06-2010 at 18:19.

Alex i am with you on this to an extent but we must be aloud to say whats what if it is factual as this in turn helps other members with regards nob head i did remove that because when reading it back i felt it was certainly not appropriate and childish. But i must admit to not seeing what you removed so my opinion is only on posts i can read.

Quote Originally Posted by csl View Post
    Please re-read my post. I am not trying to stifle people's opinion, so long as it is done constructively. My post was referring to the messages that have been removed that were blatantly trying to discredit the election due to lack of numbers and were inferring that a recently elected representative stood for election for non-altruistic reasons. That simply wasn't on and hence were removed.
    Alex

As I said that the time I implied nothing, I inferred nothing and I suggested nothing. The fact that you read it otherwise is hardly my fault. I have accepted in good spirit that you took it upon yourself to act as judge and jury on the matter and proceded to edit the thread. That is your prerogative. But to suggest any thing was a blatant attempt at anything is rather unnecessary and an abuse of the power vested in you as site a site mod. If a poster is not permitted to make generalised comments in a discussion with out a site mod climing up on their podium in order to lay down the rules as the see them. Discussion very soon be come one sided.

If there is one aspect of behaviour necessary for good moderation it is impartiality.

Hmmmmmmm perhaps we should have an emoticon of a big red button added Alex, what do you think

Quote Originally Posted by Talasker View Post
    Alex

As I said that the time I implied nothing, I inferred nothing and I suggested nothing. .
    It read like an implication - and not a pleasant one, I thought so and so did those who brought the post to my attention, hence it was removed.

As for abusing my position, well I am probably the most 'moderate' moderator as you will no doubt find out if you carry on the way you're going.

Quote Originally Posted by sikamalc View Post
    Hmmmmmmm perhaps we should have an emoticon of a big red button added Alex, what do you think
    Sounds like a good idea Malc!
    Last edited by csl; 13-06-2010 at 20:07.

Alex

Not wishing to labour the point .... but. There are many ways to interpret the written word. You may have read it as an implication it was certainly not written as one, and I should know. I wrote it.

Moderate moderation implies moderation in all things and all matters. Impartiality should therefore be as easy as falling off a log.

Thanks for the opportunity to make this discussion a little less one sided. Its appreciated.

Just been speaking to JAYB about his little problem

What I will say is that we/I tend to come down fairly hard on all trouble makers who join this site. Thats why I think its possibly the fastest growing site for stalkers on the web, as we do not tolerate people who join mearly to name call, (especially one of the site owners) or Troll.

Lucky you, if it had been up to me you would be banned already. So gentlemen, WIND YOUR NECK IN. Or go play on another site if you cannot behave in a civil manner.

Thank you

Sikamalc

Malc

No need to start polishing the jack boots, combing off that funny little false moustache, and practicing that odd little hand wave where you bend the elbow 90 degrees and show the palm of your hand.

We are all adults here.