Wanted: Deer Stalking Mentor/Buddy Wanted - Hampshire

Hutchy

Hi everyone I'm new here so not quite sure how this works but anyway...

I'm looking for shooting buddy/mentor (preferably with land) in or around the Hampshire area as I'm keen to take up deer stalking. I'm not looking to steal you land or anything like that just someone to take me out and show me the ropes and how to get started/get land, as I'm 15 years old and the laws in this country and people's views on youngsters doesn't always make it easy (despite us being more responsible than a large amount of adults but oh well). I will be courteous and will respect you and your land at all times.

If anyone is willing to help me get into the sport, please reply to this thread or pm or email me.

Thanks Ryan

Ryan,

At 15 you are still too young to handle a rifle on the estate rifle system. You need to be 17, so please be aware of this. It would probably pay you to write to one or two large estates in your area and volunteer your services to help the keepers out. Gain some local knowledge and trust and work from there. Also joining the NGO might also help you with an introduction to a working keeper or stalker in your area who might be willing to help you out.

Good luck

Ryan,

At 15 you are still too young to handle a rifle on the estate rifle system. You need to be 17, so please be aware of this. It would probably pay you to write to one or two large estates in your area and volunteer your services to help the keepers out. Gain some local knowledge and trust and work from there. Also joining the NGO might also help you with an introduction to a working keeper or stalker in your area who might be willing to help you out.

Good luck

Thanks for the advice I'll see what I can do.

Hi,
Phoenix is a Sussex based stalking group. We have a space for an entrant 15-17 year old. Well take you through all the stages. You'll be allowed to participate in culls and stalks as an observer. Learn , rifle shooting, butchery stalking, and we shall help you acquire Firearms certificates and firearms when you are 17.
Pm your email address for details. Look at ages.co.uk

Hi,
Phoenix is a Sussex based stalking group. We have a space for an entrant 15-17 year old. Well take you through all the stages. You'll be allowed to participate in culls and stalks as an observer. Learn , rifle shooting, butchery stalking, and we shall help you acquire Firearms certificates and firearms when you are 17.
Pm your email address for details. Look at ages.co.uk
Now there's a fantastic opportunity!!!

Hi Ryan,
We have a major cull day first weekend in August.
Need paperwork etc sorted this week.
kind regards
Tony

Back