Thread: Laser torch

Laser torch

Thinking about going back to Lamping rather than NV .
    How good are Laser torches ?? How far will they throw a beam out to ?? What to avoid ?? Do foxes detect them and get shy ??
    Ive got a NM800 Which is fine but I would like a tighter cleaner beam.
    Cheers Steve.

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    hi steve

i have used the nd350 (green,) tight beam but you can be seen with the naked eye, even the targets can see it but the sales hype says they don't.

im hooked n the drone mate but have been back lamping in the last few days. found it strange after the drone so I won't be going back lamping anytime soon,

good luck

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Hi Bob,
    Ive tried a few NV rigs and have a Yukon with the Extreme conversion which is surprisingly good and a cheap set up. Not tried a Drone yet as I don't know anybody local with one.
    I only have one permission for foxes which isn't very big and long distance shots are out of the question as I'm running next to the main Colchester to Harwich road (A120) Went out last night with a cheap laser on the .223 and got two foxes, I was using a NM 800 as a spotter.
    I wouldn't mind a better Laser and be done with it.
    Cheers Steve.

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by white van man View Post
    Hi Bob,
    Ive tried a few NV rigs and have a Yukon with the Extreme conversion which is surprisingly good and a cheap set up. Not tried a Drone yet as I don't know anybody local with one.
    I only have one permission for foxes which isn't very big and long distance shots are out of the question as I'm running next to the main Colchester to Harwich road (A120) Went out last night with a cheap laser on the .223 and got two foxes, I was using a NM 800 as a spotter.
    I wouldn't mind a better Laser and be done with it.
    Cheers Steve.
    steve

get on the NV forum mate,

i have built some gear with help from the lads on there, and I have helped a few with things I know about etc, like this site it's got a great selection of guys who know their stuff.

bob
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Hi white van man.
    What lens is fitted on the extreme conversion?
    Martin

I have the laserware ND X and I wouldn't be without it now, I lamp mostly from a quad and off a Solway frame, and the bracket that fixes the laser to the scope is extremely robust, even over rough fields and over heather Moor the laser stays zeroed to the centre of the cross hair, the weak point for all other scope mounted lamps is that the bump you hit on the bike the lamp drops forward, back or bloody sideways!! So when you have the rifle on the frame ready to shoot I had to have one hand on the lamp trying to point it where I wanted to shoot, a real pain in the erse!! This just doesn't happen with the laserware, a superb bit of kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bavarianbrit View Post
    Hi white van man.
    What lens is fitted on the extreme conversion?
    Martin
    Hi Martin,
    Its a Super-Takumar 1:2.8/105 which apparently is one of the better ones to be with.
    Steve.

If getting the Green laser style torch, stay clear of the Ebay cheap 27 ones.

SD Regular
    My view of the laser ND3 series is that it can be very good - but you have to be very careful about the beam spread to get the best sight picture - easy to get too bright - and the beam loses intensity quite quickly.

I would say it was better at longer ranges where the beam is more focussed. At the end of the day, it is another personal opinion thing - but my experience says they are capable of doing the job.
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........