Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Schmidt and Bender 8x56 Hungarian Klassik

Schmidt and Bender 8x56 Hungarian Klassik

Hi everyone, I'm currently in the market for a new scope, I recently found an advert for a - Schmidt and Bender 8x56 Hungarian Klassik for just over 500.00.

Has anyone had experiance with this scope as it seems to be quite cheap for a Schmidt and Bender.

Is there much difference quality wise between the Hungarian + the German versions?

Any advice positive or negative would be well received.

I have a max of 600 to spend on a scope..............any recommendations please?????

Best describe useage mate, ie. Just deer or maybe long range foxing with a lamp too? Close range stuff? Poor light levels? Many factors should influence your choice really.
    You don't mention if the S&B 8x56 is new or used.
    You should be able to get a used Hungarian for 350-400, German 400-450, Illuminated slightly more. Don't worry about buying used as they are very robust and normally still have something left on the 30 year guarantee.
    Last edited by Monkey Spanker; 14-06-2010 at 12:26.

Should have been a bit more descriptive about usage etc............... it is going to have to be a bit of a 'jack of all trades' mounted to a .223.........everything from rabbits to roe deer. 500.00 was for a new one.

seems two deer!! to me!!

This is a much better scope -

http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...pf-rifle-scope

I have no connection with the seller but for the money, that is a bargain.

I use one of these on a .223 and have had no problems, it does everything i need!

I think i paid a bit more for mine though! OUCH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cadex100 View Post
    Should have been a bit more descriptive about usage etc............... it is going to have to be a bit of a 'jack of all trades' mounted to a .223.........everything from rabbits to roe deer. 500.00 was for a new one.
    You should look at the vari mag range if it is to cover all those options. The S&B reticle will be too big for small game and you'll need more mag for small game at long range. Then, because you have a fine reticle, you might need it illuminated at night or low light too!
    You'll struggle with one of the German/Austrian brands for just 600 to be honest.

I'd have a serious look at some of the Leupold VX III types. You should pick up a nice high power vari mag with illumination for that price. Do you know anyone in USA that could buy you one?
    Good luck.
    MS

I paid 548 for a new one last year. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. It is worth putting a "wanted" post in the classifieds section, and having a look at Macleod's website though; you might be able to find a good used one and save a few .

I bought a 7x50 german S&B, and have wished ever since that I had gone for the 8x56. I cannot tell the difference between German and Hungarian S&B's, I have a 7 reticle and its fine (enough) for foxes and deer. I consider them great value.

ft
    http://www.shootingshop.com/products...CULE-1800.aspx

http://gunmart.net/accessories_revie..._8x56_klassik/

If you are talking about a new scope, it's damned good value.

Or if you fancy the Leupold; http://www.amazon.com/Leupold-Rifles...abinoculars-20 which is very good value!
    Last edited by flytie; 14-06-2010 at 13:39. Reason: links
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    You should look at the vari mag range if it is to cover all those options. The S&B reticle will be too big for small game and you'll need more mag for small game at long range. Then, because you have a fine reticle, you might need it illuminated at night or low light too!
    You'll struggle with one of the German/Austrian brands for just 600 to be honest.

I'd have a serious look at some of the Leupold VX III types. You should pick up a nice high power vari mag with illumination for that price. Do you know anyone in USA that could buy you one?
    Good luck.
    MS
    agree..leupold vxIII, i had Boone&Crockett 4.4-14,excellent scope!!