Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where the flock are you?

Where the flock are you?

Admittedly I'm a bit OCD about things like this but I thought we were all supposed to put our rough location in our profile. These days I keep seeing useful info like South, England or Narnia...... I find it useful to know if a member is in the same neck of the woods as me.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.

Can't disagree with this.

David.

Quote Originally Posted by long_range_rob View Post
    Admittedly I'm a bit OCD about things like this but I thought we were all supposed to put our rough location in our profile. These days I keep seeing useful info like South, England or Narnia...... I find it useful to know if a member is in the same neck of the woods as me.
    Principality of Essex

Tim.243
    Stalking is very much like going to the night club

You can always tell an Essex Boy, just you cant tell him much...

An hour in the field is worth a week of typing trash.....

Quote Originally Posted by long_range_rob View Post
    I think it's like lol

I don't want anyone to know where I live cos I'm a miserable ​git with no friends and hate everyone.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

Oooooh just noticed . This is my 2005th reply. Cool......
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

Don't tell 'em where you are or they'll have your permissions
    For Gods sake - don't tell her how much I've spent

Ctrl-Alt FACT

Quote Originally Posted by Hereford View Post
    Don't tell 'em where you are or they'll have your permissions
    Plus your wife
    Definately your money.

I must admit this is my pet hate too.
    As I have already said in another post of similar nature.
    Having had a long and interesting life among guns, reloading, fishing and trapping I have built up a load of 'good crap' but used and sometimes abused.
    If someone was asking about a particular item and was in my general area I may be able to help by offering the choice of inspection before buying or in some cases maybe even gifting.
    The trouble is I have alsorts of kit that still has some useful life but isn't in such a good condition as to offer for sale.
    The same goes for offering help to anybody local but not worth going to all the trouble of PMs to find the part of England to which they refer is lands end or north Yorkshire :-(
    People talk about secrecy or their privacy, I wouldn't expect them to put their road and house No but the nearest town or city would give a good idea as to whether it is worth following up.
    Last edited by EMcC; 13-06-2016 at 23:10.

Don't tell 'em your name, Pike.