GRS Bersrker / Tikka

Peter Eaton

Just a few shots of my new stock on my Tikka T3 , with 20 MOA rail, Krieger .308 and AI Mag n Bottom metal. Rock solid in the stock though a lot of work by the Smith 'smoking' the barrel for hi spots then sending the stock. Shoot like a dream, Three bullet group , one fouler then 3 shots from the back of a jeep. If it had been locked into the bag on the ground in the prone position all three shots would have been through the same hole as the truck was not the most stable platform.

13423796_10154890529173272_2895186488794270817_n.jpg
13417548_10154890530898272_960746822937330729_n.jpg
13428481_10154890530673272_3163718598535417052_n.jpg
13432408_10154890529678272_3936987520239002161_n.jpg
13406947_10154896698173272_5439787916356536671_n.jpg

Two shots went in the same hole , scope now set to perfect zero. I cannot recommend this stock enough for £329 delivered , fully adjustable with excellent grip. It can be used for stalking with ease and also for the range as it has a decent rear to ride in a sand bag. Without doubt it will transform my shooting as now the scope picture looks so much bigger due to my eye being at the perfect height for the scope. A good smith should get away with out bedding as it is a tight fitting stock and has decent fibre glass pillars....besides GRS have never attempted to bed on of these new stocks so bedding compound might not adhere to the material used. I only know that as emailed them before the job was started.

Last edited:
Ha Ha..like the Platoon bit Danpd..

Ok It might be me using the wrong terminology but what the gunsmith did was take the old stock off the action / barrel. He then lit what looks like an oil can with a large wick. This is presented to the underside of the action / barrel.

The new stock is then presented to the barrel and this in turn removes the soot in any places where the new stock is tight or catching the barrel. This is done many times and each time a small amount of the new stock is taken away by hand either by tool or plain old wet and dry using several grades. Once the action and barrel are no longer making marks on in the areas he does not want them to he will then set the action in place. Hope that makes sense? Basically it finds any high spots that wont allow the barrel to free float.

My berserk stock is free floating there's nothing to touch the barell anywhere,are you on about the action ?my tikka supervarmint went straight in with no problems,it only changed the zero by going 1" high at 100. It's a fantastic stock well worth the money

My berserk stock is free floating there's nothing to touch the barell anywhere,are you on about the action ?my tikka supervarmint went straight in with no problems,it only changed the zero by going 1" high at 100. It's a fantastic stock well worth the money

Hi Jason

No the place where my rifle was touching was around the chamber area . But the whole barrel channel then had to be widened I believe as my barrel is not a standard barrel and very wide around the chamber. I know he smoked the action at the same time but as to wether of not that just dropped in I don't know. I know that sometimes a stock might not be perfect around the action area and work might have to be done. Infact I know he had a bit of a pain milling out the stock in order to make the bottom metal fit level but it just took a wee bit more milling and time.

If my rifle had bee a standard stock it would have been a mater of a straight swap like yours I imagine.

And I agree re the stock ...I cannot believe how good it is ...

Last edited:
Ha Ha..like the Platoon bit Danpd..

Ok It might be me using the wrong terminology but what the gunsmith did was take the old stock off the action / barrel. He then lit what looks like an oil can with a large wick. This is presented to the underside of the action / barrel.

The new stock is then presented to the barrel and this in turn removes the soot in any places where the new stock is tight or catching the barrel. This is done many times and each time a small amount of the new stock is taken away by hand either by tool or plain old wet and dry using several grades. Once the action and barrel are no longer making marks on in the areas he does not want them to he will then set the action in place. Hope that makes sense? Basically it finds any high spots that wont allow the barrel to free float.

Makes perfect sense, thanks.

One of these is definitely on my list of shooting bits to buy. I do like the Boyds laminate thats on there at the moment but having the adjustment for cheek weld would be lovely.

Gents ....I honestly believe you will not regret buying one, well made and not heavy and the most surprising thing was the site picture in the scope. I have struggled from day one of shooting to get the scope right when looking through it. Now its like I am looking through a scope twice the size ! ..sounds crazy but it is how is seems.

One of these is definitely on my list of shooting bits to buy. I do like the Boyds laminate thats on there at the moment but having the adjustment for cheek weld would be lovely.

I like the Joe West Laminate I have but would have gone GRS Bersrker if they did LH

2016-01-22 20.21.35.jpg2016-02-05 10.16.48.jpg2016-03-28 16.23.41.jpg

I have a T3 Lite 308 does anyone know if that would drop straight into one of these stocks? Also could anyone recommend a Gunsmith near Bristol who could do this for me as I don't like to fiddle!

Back