Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PPU Privi Partizan 6.5x55 SP RN 156gn

PPU Privi Partizan 6.5x55 SP RN 156gn

Looking through Henry Krank today and saw the above at 50.99 per 100 We normally re-load our own... but at that money it sounds too good to miss!

Has anyone any experiance of the above?
    Can you buy a box (20 rounds) to see if they shoot through your rifle?
    Has anyone used them on deer? Or anything else?

If you use PPU, but not that calibre/bullet then I would still like to know about them. A freind used them through his .22-250 for fox and things and liked them, but other than that I havent used them.

I do like a round nosed bullet, and I think that they might just be a cracking woodland roe load.

Thanks chaps

Sam
    "Even at the very bottom of the river, I didn't think to myself, Is this a hearty joke or the merest accident? I just thought, it's wet." - Eeyore

Every so often I will buy a box or two of the PPU 303 so that I have good cases in reserve for reloading. The brass is very good quality.
    I have found that the 303 shoots to the sight settings on my military rifles.
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.

went through a box and a bit of PPU .308 on sunday zeroing the club gun, no problems, I'm told it opens out at longer ranges, but at 200 yds no worries

Sam,

I think John (Yorkshire Roe Stalking) uses either these or something very similar from the same manufacturer on summer Roe.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Looking through Henry Krank today and saw the above at 50.99 per 100 We normally re-load our own... but at that money it sounds too good to miss!

Has anyone any experiance of the above?
    Can you buy a box (20 rounds) to see if they shoot through your rifle?
    Has anyone used them on deer? Or anything else?

If you use PPU, but not that calibre/bullet then I would still like to know about them. A freind used them through his .22-250 for fox and things and liked them, but other than that I havent used them.

I do like a round nosed bullet, and I think that they might just be a cracking woodland roe load.

Thanks chaps

Sam
    i paid 38.00 for 100 of those hornady 160gn round nose i sent you !

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

I just bought a new rifle in 7mm-08 and took a punt and bought 100 Privi 140gr. Easily shoots 1" @ 100m, which is my norm ability, but did have a fluke ? 1 hole 3 shot group. At 0.50 each, no point for me to reload at 0.55 each ? The stuff seems fine.

Hi I use privi in 243 and 270 no problems at all some of my freinds use them again in 270 with no problems at fairly long ranges and at the price they are you can't go wrong they where cheeper last year around 42 per 100
    Amberdog

i would also like to try even though i have started reloading.does anyone know where i can buy in east yorkshire thanks wayne

ppu .303

Quote Originally Posted by Harry mac View Post
    Every so often I will buy a box or two of the PPU 303 so that I have good cases in reserve for reloading. The brass is very good quality.
    I have found that the 303 shoots to the sight settings on my military rifles.
    I'm going back a good few years but a knowledgeable friend advised me against using the Privi .303 of the time in my P14 saying that it was hot loaded to cycle machine guns. It was a pretty pokey round so I took his advice. Privi may have changed / run out of that loading though.

fraser

I have tried them through my .243 t3 varmint and they clover leaf at 100m if I do my bit.

I have just bought a T3 in 30-06, got some 180gr just to run the thing in, these also clover leafed at 100m, so at 10 for 20 for 180gr you cant go wrong. Have not got a deer yet with them so can't tell you what they do meat damage etc.

Seams they like the T3's

Jonathon