PPU Privi Partizan 6.5x55 SP RN 156gn

Sam

Looking through Henry Krank today and saw the above at £50.99 per 100 :eek: We normally re-load our own... but at that money it sounds too good to miss!

Has anyone any experiance of the above?
Can you buy a box (20 rounds) to see if they shoot through your rifle?
Has anyone used them on deer? Or anything else?

If you use PPU, but not that calibre/bullet then I would still like to know about them. A freind used them through his .22-250 for fox and things and liked them, but other than that I havent used them.

I do like a round nosed bullet, and I think that they might just be a cracking woodland roe load.

Thanks chaps

Sam

Every so often I will buy a box or two of the PPU 303 so that I have good cases in reserve for reloading. The brass is very good quality.
I have found that the 303 shoots to the sight settings on my military rifles.

went through a box and a bit of PPU .308 on sunday zeroing the club gun, no problems, I'm told it opens out at longer ranges, but at 200 yds no worries

Sam,

I think John (Yorkshire Roe Stalking) uses either these or something very similar from the same manufacturer on summer Roe.

Bob

Looking through Henry Krank today and saw the above at £50.99 per 100 :eek: We normally re-load our own... but at that money it sounds too good to miss!

Has anyone any experiance of the above?
Can you buy a box (20 rounds) to see if they shoot through your rifle?
Has anyone used them on deer? Or anything else?

If you use PPU, but not that calibre/bullet then I would still like to know about them. A freind used them through his .22-250 for fox and things and liked them, but other than that I havent used them.

I do like a round nosed bullet, and I think that they might just be a cracking woodland roe load.

Thanks chaps

Sam

i paid 38.00 for 100 of those hornady 160gn round nose i sent you !

I just bought a new rifle in 7mm-08 and took a punt and bought 100 Privi 140gr. Easily shoots 1" @ 100m, which is my norm ability, but did have a fluke ? 1 hole 3 shot group. At £0.50 each, no point for me to reload at £0.55 each ? The stuff seems fine.

Hi I use privi in 243 and 270 no problems at all some of my freinds use them again in 270 with no problems at fairly long ranges and at the price they are you can't go wrong they where cheeper last year around £42 per 100
Amberdog

i would also like to try even though i have started reloading.does anyone know where i can buy in east yorkshire thanks wayne

ppu .303

Every so often I will buy a box or two of the PPU 303 so that I have good cases in reserve for reloading. The brass is very good quality.
I have found that the 303 shoots to the sight settings on my military rifles.

I'm going back a good few years but a knowledgeable friend advised me against using the Privi .303 of the time in my P14 saying that it was hot loaded to cycle machine guns. It was a pretty pokey round so I took his advice. Privi may have changed / run out of that loading though.

fraser

I have tried them through my .243 t3 varmint and they clover leaf at 100m if I do my bit.

I have just bought a T3 in 30-06, got some 180gr just to run the thing in, these also clover leafed at 100m, so at £10 for 20 for 180gr you cant go wrong. Have not got a deer yet with them so can't tell you what they do meat damage etc.

Seams they like the T3's

Jonathon

Well by gum its all sounding positive! Im going to try and see about buying 20 to see whether they group or not, and what speed.

i paid 38.00 for 100 of those hornady 160gn round nose i sent you !

Lee, can you PM me your address and I will send you a cheque for the rest - if you still want to sell them.

Thanks

Sam :D

I have used them in my .243 and they are good accuracy wise.

Also used them in my .22-250 and again they were surprisingly good, first time i took it out 3 touching shots at 100yards. Now reload for that for the simple reason that the green tipped sierras look cool!

Not sure if it is the case on deer but a few foxes i shot didnt exit, one was about 10 yards away and one was about 190yards. I would have expected a soft point to have come out the other side so not sure how solidly the bullet is put together.

Apart from that (might be fluke) you cant go wrong

I'm going back a good few years but a knowledgeable friend advised me against using the Privi .303 of the time in my P14 saying that it was hot loaded to cycle machine guns. It was a pretty pokey round so I took his advice. Privi may have changed / run out of that loading though.

fraser

I think, in the past there were cases of Yugoslav surplus on the market which were a different animal to the civilian loadings being imported by Kranks these days. I remember the shop at the Mirfield range having cases of Yugoslav 303 which were 250 round sealed "spam" cans that you had to open with a twist key. These also carried the PPY headstamp, but, obviously, it was stamped using Serbo-Croat Cyrilic letters.
Using the modern stuff I've never had any indication of a hot load, and it's accurate enough that I placed fourth in the Vintage section of the HBSA "1910" competition last week at Bisley using my P14, the placing was down to my shooting rather than any fault with the ammo.

hi sam
i have been useing privi 222 & 270 rounds for 7 years now ,these rounds are very fast so if you are useing these on deer
do not be hasty to take a second shot if the deer is still stand .as i found out when hind shooting two years ago i shot
a hind and reloaded two take a second shot thinking i had missed only to see her drop as i put the rifle up to take the
shot .this as happened to me in may this year on a level 2 outing shot a buck at 30 yards he walked into the forest turned
around walked back to me looking dazed so justed watched for a time as he started to walk back into the forest i took the second shot to make sure .
these rounds when first came out were very sh*ty they left a lot of powder in your barrel so you were aways clean your
gun but they have come on a long way now and cheap at that try them.

Sam,

I think John (Yorkshire Roe Stalking) uses either these or something very similar from the same manufacturer on summer Roe.

Bob

You are quite correct.
156 ppu R.N.
very accurate, very reliable(even through light foliage)LOL.very good expansion and NO damage.
Knocks roe down for fun.
BUT its slow and rainbows so limit shots to about 130m's.
Regards john.
Just bought another 200.

You are quite correct.
156 ppu R.N.
very accurate, very reliable(even through light foliage)LOL.very good expansion and NO damage.
Knocks roe down for fun.
BUT its slow and rainbows so limit shots to about 130m's.
Regards john.
Just bought another 200.

Ahh just what I wanted to hear!! Sounds about right, I can cope with mortar rounds past the 150 mark because (like your good self) they will be used on woodland roe, so distance is not the priority - Knockout Value and Strimmer assets ;) are a big plus though. Looks like Im gonna have to get me 20 to see what they perform like :D

Thanks

Sam

I use them in my .243 Tikka T3. They will easily group to 1" at 100 yards and are just as accurate as any Federal ammunition I've used in the same rifle. Though I've never taken a shot beyond 100 yards with them, but I'm sure they'd be OK. Try some, for that money you can't go wrong!

Back