Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: More proposed EU restrictions

More proposed EU restrictions

This FACE press release just passed to me by a friend. Thought you all might like to take a read. Good old EU (not), I know which way I shall be voting on the 23rd.

Please see link:-

http://www.face.eu/sites/default/fil...on_hunters.pdf
    Historic Guns & Militaria - based in South Bedfordshire - Historic Guns Militaria

About the same sensibilities applied here, as to straight cucumbers.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

They must be smoking something. OUT

But they're 'doing something'. We can all sleep sounder now.

Damn! Now I don't know which way to vote. Was going to vote 'in', as I saw Europe as the safer bet for shooting. Not so sure anymore.

Wolfie

Quote Originally Posted by Lupus View Post
    But they're 'doing something'. We can all sleep sounder now.

Damn! Now I don't know which way to vote. Was going to vote 'in', as I saw Europe as the safer bet for shooting. Not so sure anymore.

Wolfie
    Unelected bureaucrats in Brussels are making laws directly affecting the UK shooting sports. The UK Shooting News blog seems to explain things quite clearly. I hope it will help you make up your mind.

EU gun ban: Heres what happened last week | UK Shooting News
    Historic Guns & Militaria - based in South Bedfordshire - Historic Guns Militaria

I hope all the people who say they are out; actually bother to vote! I think its going to be close

Thanks Webley Boy.

Seeing how our very own Teresa May supports this idiotic piece of nonsense makes me wonder if we'll see the bits we aren't already subject to appear on the statute book regardless of how the vote goes.

Wolfie

SD Regular
    I know which way I shall be voting on the 23rd.
    You'll be voting to leave the UK? As these proposals, AFAIK, are nothing more than what we ALREADY have in the UK in relation to ALL the items mentioned. The replica proposal is to remove from unrestricted sale things such as Uberti or Pietta 1860 Colt Army revolvers that here in UK have always been s1 and single shot smooth bore guns have always been s2.

And, personally, I could not care the proverbial fiddler's feck about de-activated guns. The Paris Bataclan murders were done with such weapons, a dozen or so murders in the UK also using de-activated handguns re-engineered via the Greenwoods of "RIFLE" at Long Eaton, and later others. This whole "industry" should never have been allowed.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/d...re/3431355.stm
    Last edited by enfieldspares; 15-06-2016 at 19:12.

So much for the softly, softly approach adopted within the UK in the belief that it would lead to 10 year lifespan certificates! Anyone see that happening when the rest of Europe go the other way to 3 or 5 year validity - irrespective of whether we are in or out.

SD Regular
    So much for the softly, softly approach adopted within the UK in the belief that it would lead to 10 year lifespan certificates!
    Yes. Agreed. What was the Churchill "wisdom" about dining with a crocodile? Our shooting organisations have gone down that route too often and never learn that the end result is always that the Home Office reneges on its promises.