Sebastian Coe - BBC Panorama

+2 As you say it couldn't happen to a nicer person, the spineless tosser. I wish I knew who proposed him as president of the NPA all those years ago, I bet they later regretted it.
The very sight of the bloke still makes my blood boil, him and also David "pervert" Mellor. I refused to listen to classic FM when he was broadcasting and always switched the radio off.

Last edited:
+2 As you say it couldn't happen to a nicer person, the spineless tosser. I wish I knew who proposed him as president of the NPA all those years ago, I bet they later regretted it.
The very sight of the bloke still makes my blood boil, him and also David "pervert" Mellor. I refused to listen to classic FM when he was broadcasting and always switched the radio off.

+1, can't wait to see how this unravels. :D

The slippery git will probably slide his way out of it in his usual way saying something like - "it was nothing to do with me, honest".

Abiding memory - though dulled with age so forgive complete factual accuracy as to place and race.

Think it was Moscow Olympics? In a race Seb Coe came second or third - face like grim death and lip tremble. So obvious it was an embarrassment. Either same race or another - but same games - Steve Ovett didnt place (? I think ) - after race - went round with Union Flag with big cheesy smile waving to fans.

I recall the matter all these years later and from those few seconds decided - right or wrong - on their respective characters - never had had the chance to buy Steve a drink...

Back