Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Pressure to shoot out of season

  1. #1

    Pressure to shoot out of season

    I don't want to go into too much detail, but suffice to say I don't shoot out of season. Reason for question is that I've acquired a new permission recently and the landowner is very keen for me to shoot everything, regardless of closed season under the vermin distinction.

    Am not about to roll over on this but just wondered if anyone else gets this?
    For Gods sake - don't tell her how much I've spent

    Ctrl-Alt FACT

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Yes, I have had this. I politely explained my reasons for refusing and thankfully no more was said. I'm still on the land three years on and the owner seems happy...

  4. #4
    The following document provides a summary of the law from the deer initiative:

    In relation to Section 7 of the Deer Act, it is worth highlighting the requirement for written permission.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Biathlonjimmy View Post
    Yes, I have had this. I politely explained my reasons for refusing and thankfully no more was said. I'm still on the land three years on and the owner seems happy...
    This I have done and things are going well (sharing 1 for me, 1 for you) - however it gets dropped into the conversation quite regularly still.... The damage is not on the scale I've seen elsewhere so will stick to principal on this one - it's a good perm with wood pigeon, rabbit, fox & pheasant too
    For Gods sake - don't tell her how much I've spent

    Ctrl-Alt FACT

  6. #6
    What I would do is get busy shooting the pigeon fox and rabbits,showing a presence and keeping the deer moving,the owner will see this as positive....

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by 2130martin View Post
    What I would do is get busy shooting the pigeon fox and rabbits,showing a presence and keeping the deer moving,the owner will see this as positive....
    +1

    Tim.243
    Stalking is very much like going to the night club

    You can always tell an Essex Boy, just you cant tell him much...

    An hour in the field is worth a week of typing trash.....




  8. #8
    You'll need a bit more than written permission, Like licence from Natural England. We shot a deer (on H&S reasons) while waiting the NE licence to be issued and NE report us to the Police.

    Quote Originally Posted by Oh6 View Post
    The following document provides a summary of the law from the deer initiative:
    In relation to Section 7 of the Deer Act, it is worth highlighting the requirement for written permission.
    Kind Regards
    Cranhill

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Cranhill View Post
    You'll need a bit more than written permission, Like licence from Natural England. We shot a deer (on H&S reasons) while waiting the NE licence to be issued and NE report us to the Police.
    If it's for H&S reasons, yes you need a closed season licence. But if its for crop protection you do not (in fact NE have no authority to issue licence for anything other than H&S or protection the natural heritage)

  10. #10
    This can be done but you need a special licence and the landowner must apply for the licence , also note that your name must be on the licence if you are to shoot the deer, if its only the landowners name on the licence he must accompany you on the stalk
    you are doing the right thing by refusing to shoot anything out of season, as said before keep on the vermin and you being there will move every thing else on
    good luck with this
    Ray

Similar Threads

  1. Pressure
    By JohnnyR in forum Ammunition, Reloading & Ballistics
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-03-2015, 11:49
  2. Available End of season High seat shoot - Buckingham March 27-29th. Fallow/Muntjac
    By IanF in forum Deer Stalking Opportunities
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-03-2015, 13:34
  3. Tempers fray as plans for next season's shoot are drawn up
    By Heym SR20 in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 22-03-2014, 20:34
  4. can you shoot deer out of season
    By wraith in forum Legal Issues
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-08-2012, 17:20
  5. First shoot date this season on my shoot.
    By www.yorkshireroestalking. in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 24-09-2011, 12:16

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •