Thread: Did I miss a debate at all

Did I miss a debate at all

I thought there was meant to be a debate on the license procedure etc before recommendations were put forward. Looks as people have there own agenda

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010...ers?CMP=AFCYAH

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Simon

This particular debate has been going on for some time. See, for example: http://www.sportinggun.co.uk/news/39...e_holders.html

willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Quote Originally Posted by willie_gunn View Post
    Simon

This particular debate has been going on for some time. See, for example: http://www.sportinggun.co.uk/news/39...e_holders.html

willie_gunn
    ide go with this one.if bird was depressed and seen his doctor,then it may have been stopped! its better than a total ban or having to leave firearms at a club or police station that has been mentioned!!

Here we go, wondered how long the calm before the storm would last. I don't envy any new FAC applicants at the moment with everyone covering their backsides. JC

I dont know why they just don't contact your Doctor at time of aplication ,then inform him to advise of any changes,but they will have to be careful as it might stop people from attending thier Doctor if they start to experience any problems.
    We have very strict gun laws at present and lets face it no one can be blamed for the tragic events that unfolded when the guy snapped,a person can go from being perfectly sane and normal to being totally irrational at the flick of a switch in the mind.
    If the guy was not a cert holder he could have obtained an illegal firearm very easily or just used his cab and run people over.

Quote Originally Posted by JC275 View Post
    Here we go, wondered how long the calm before the storm would last. I don't envy any new FAC applicants at the moment with everyone covering their backsides. JC
    Tell me about it!!!
    6 weeks now and, although they've banked the cheque, been told may be another 6 weeks yet.

Quote Originally Posted by JC275 View Post
    Its bothering me Ill be honest, cheque banked but no news yet

I like the "guns are still a precious commodity amongst the criminal classes" comment. Really? when you can buy one in a pub for a couple of hundred quid, I dont call that precious< and its not like a scoped rifle is the weapon of choice amongst the Gangsta class.

Quote Originally Posted by hughsurrey View Post
    Really? when you can buy one in a pub for a couple of hundred quid,
    That's the price you pay for living 'darn sarf' mate. In Brum it's half that and renting by the hour is an option.

not sure why this is a bad thing??

Dave