Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plummer Terrier

SD Regular
    On the banks of the Columbia River, Portland OR. USA

Plummer Terrier

If anybody knows about them, I'm guessing you folks should. I acquired a couple of books by David Plummer, very enjoyable and entertaining reading for me. Mr. Plummer appears to be the opposite of the members of this site but he sure did create a good looking dog. Does anyone have one? I am not a terrier man but the Plummer Terrier is a very impressive looking dog. How are they tempered? Do they listen well? Anyone use a Plummer as a deer dog? I would love to have one to take with my Mt.Cur when coon and squirrel hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by A Guy Out West View Post
    If anybody knows about them, I'm guessing you folks should. I acquired a couple of books by David Plummer, very enjoyable and entertaining reading for me. Mr. Plummer appears to be the opposite of the members of this site but he sure did create a good looking dog. Does anyone have one? I am not a terrier man but the Plummer Terrier is a very impressive looking dog. How are they tempered? Do they listen well? Anyone use a Plummer as a deer dog? I would love to have one to take with my Mt.Cur when coon and squirrel hunting.
    to answer your questions they're
    same as most terriers hard of hearing hard mouthed and hard working ideal for what you want I'd think .a little leggy for some earth work but good ratting bushing dog can be fighters like most of the blighters of the terrier world

I have a red Patterdale, not to far removed from a Plummer. Great little dog, brilliant ratter, has lost none of it's working heritage as I'm sure the Plummer won't have either. Have kept mine away from holes deliberately as I don't fancy having to dig the little bugger out. I'd say that that could be your only potential problem if it ever got a taste for it.

Great ratting dogs and thats about it!

As said above, good for ratting and bushing, as terriers they have a typical terrier nature, It all depends what your looking for from the dog

I breed them mate.
    Theres a couple of pics of my two!
    I love these little dogs, both of the. work along side ferrets for rabbit, go to ground bush to the gun and there hellish ratters.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  

SD Regular
    Thanks guys. Really like the Patterdale too. Great pictures Wearborne! The wheels are spinning.

Thanks guys. Really like the Patterdale too. Great pictures Wearborne! The wheels are spinning.
    Used to work a pair of patterdales on rats and mink with the occasional fox if it found a hole before I did. If plummers are anything like then cracking working dogs and they DONT give up

This should wet you appetite then!

SD Regular
    Fursty,
    They certainly do beat a rat trap. That looks like so much fun. Iv'e never know anyone to rat like that over here, I'm sure somebody does it. What a great to spend a Saturday or Sunday in the off season. Might even end up with a invitation to hunt on the farm.